Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HOBBY CENTRAL > Hamming it Up & RC Toys for Big Girls & Boys
Click Here to Login

Old 11-28-2007, 03:08 AM   #1
Exnavydiver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7753
Send a message via AIM to Exnavydiver Send a message via MSN to Exnavydiver Send a message via Yahoo to Exnavydiver
Santa's antenna list

Ok, it is now time to figure out which screw driver antenna I want from Santa. I have looked at several brands and so far Screwdrivers.com's model 3600 has the most bang for the buck. I know Tarheel's are very popular but I still think that Screwdrivers have a better deal. Give me some other options to explore, try to change my mind..Dave N4SIJ

Exnavydiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 04:24 AM   #2
HamRad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15
Dave,

I have the Tarheel and love it. I have not used any mobile ant long enough to know which is better. All I can say is that the Tarheel has survived well in the couple of years I've had it on the trailer. It is a very robust ant.

I have some friends that have the one made by the guy that invented the screwdriver..... I think his name is Johnson..... They are very well made too and my friends really like them.

The other one I see a lot is the High Sierra. It also looks to be a good item.

I have some pics of the ant but can't find them right now. As soon as I do I'll post a couple of them.

You are relatively close to the Tarheel guy. You could probably stop by and pick one up!

de, Dennis, KA6TZP
HamRad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 05:56 AM   #3
Exnavydiver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7753
Send a message via AIM to Exnavydiver Send a message via MSN to Exnavydiver Send a message via Yahoo to Exnavydiver
Dennis if ya get the chance go visit Screwdriver Antennas, their units include it all, digital memory controller, cables and mount. Tarheel charges for the memory controller. At present I have two Hustler MO-2 masts and two complete sets of HF coils with the spreaders. I can probably use one of them for the time being but would eventually like to get the screwdriver if Santa doesn't come through. I will be ordering a new B&W folded di-pole for use if there is another disaster and there is a tree still standing near by... Dave N4SIJ
Exnavydiver is offline   Reply With Quote