Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 01-26-2008, 07:44 AM   #1
tom41
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6363
heres another !!

cant help but laugh, but I do learn so much from this monty forum!! lets see how many jump on this....
How long does it take for a criminal to pick your RV dead-bolt lock? About 10 seconds using a technique called “lock bumping.
Waiting to see the guys that believe the internet "snoopy doo" or whatever can tell the "truth" about this. This may be just an internet rumor to.....Or maybe not?? uhmmmm, interesting hehehe!!

tom41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 07:58 AM   #2
Ozzie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1358
Send a message via MSN to Ozzie

Ok...time to get that big 'ol security dog...
Ozzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 08:53 AM   #3
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
Well darn!
For those with a criminal mind OR wish to impress their monty neighbors,

I was saving this for later life, but I guess the "key" is out of the bag now.
Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 09:07 AM   #4
tom41
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6363
LOL!! Wayne , See ya done been found out !! just kidding, gotta have a laugh on a cold rainy day here in (suppose to be the warm sunshine state) fla! : )
Old 01-26-2008, 09:08 AM   #5
MacDR50
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7691
LOL Time to replace my locks with combination ones.
MacDR50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 09:08 AM   #6
tom41
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6363
Ozzie, that dog sure looks awfully mean and bad!
Old 01-26-2008, 09:32 AM   #7
Ozzie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1358
Send a message via MSN to Ozzie
LOL...well I have a recording of a great biggun...
Ozzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 10:03 AM   #8
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
Well, you could spend the $150 for a "bumpless" lock.
Now here is my luck. The perpetrator would try the bump key. It wouldn't work. So, he would get out the old trusty crow bar(pry bar) and break into the Hanna at the same time breaking the lock. I would now be out the inventory of the Hanna, plus the damage to the door and frame, and I'd have to replace the lock!

Dog! She'd just lay there in her cage waiting to be let out. She won't move or bark until you reach for the latch. Now if I'm letting her run loose, please have a playtoy with you because she will want to be entertained.

THEIVES SUCK!!!! :-)
Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 10:13 AM   #9
tom41
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6363
hey fellows I have an idea!! next time the wife chews us out real bad, just record HER, then rig it where someone tries something it will set it off! Bet they wouldnt stick around if "mama" aint happy! LOL
Old 01-26-2008, 11:43 AM   #10
sgtpp214
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1782
As a retired Deputy Sheriff all I can say now as I did then "locks only keep out honest people". If I want to get into your home or your Monty I can and will.
sgtpp214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 11:59 AM   #11
Rondo
Site Team

M.O.C. #7560
I think a sign saying " This property protected by Smith and Wesson" and "Can you outrun a 357 bullet?" might even help a little! LOL Seriously, I have purchased alarms that work on the doors and windows here in my stick house that have a magnetic field that goes between the two parts that stick onto the door/window and the jam. If the door or window is open and the alarms are turned on, a high pitch alarm goes off and hopefully will deter a thief from continuing into the stick! IF we are home, we can hear it from all over the house! In a Monte, the neighboring units should be able to hear it with no problem also!
Rondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 12:13 PM   #12
tom41
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6363
Dave, you are so right about locks are for keeping out honest ppls. Crooks are always working on new ideas and ways to do some harm to some one. heck, just look at the guy that lost the bank seven billion dollars and no one even caught it till to late! LOL that figure so large I couldnt do it on zeros!! HA!
Old 01-26-2008, 12:25 PM   #13
tom41
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6363
http://www.rvtravel.com/publish/news...issue311.shtml
see, ya'll cant blame me for coming up with all this goofy stuff!! LOL, I get the above every saturday and , really, it is pretty interesting. Its written by rv'er for rv'ers!! has lotta info for us guys not in the "know" , but as a couple of you (wont call names, you know who you are!!) LOL, wont have to read about "the mysteries of the unknown"!! ya'll already know . just teaseing a little, coz I even learn from ya'll to!! laughing, hey ya'll should hear these yanks down here in fla trying to say "ya'll"!! : )
They learning to, even seen one other day eating collards and grits! hehe with a FORK no doubt. : )
Old 01-26-2008, 01:30 PM   #14
Hemlockusa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4766
It is very SAD, but we have made the law's so easy for the thief, most never really spend to much time in jail.

Just read a news paper from Jamaica that the neighbor brought home, Said farmers caught up with three men that were stealing goats in their neighborhood, paper continued by saying that the relatives will me notifiy as soon as the remains could be identified. The farms caught them and beat and chopped them to death.. NO MORE THEIVES, NO MORE LOST GOATS, AND they didn't have to feed, cloth and medicate them for the rest of their lives.. Sounds like a solution to me. Of course I am an old hard core cop.. speaking of which DIDN'T I JUST SEND YOU SOME KNIVES TOM???? ho ho ho
Hemlockusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 01:49 PM   #15
tom41
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6363
LOL, yep John my friend you did! and they are good ones, i'll see what I can do with them, and yep may need some bandaids lol
Old 01-27-2008, 05:39 AM   #16
Dustytuu
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2975
Or....... a person could put a pair size 13 work boots outside door, and the biggest dog dish you can find! With a heavy chain. Could make a crook think.
Dustytuu is offline   Reply With Quote