Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 11-02-2012, 08:41 AM   #21
lasater
Montana Master

M.O.C. #77
Do a search for "forwarding garages". You will find companies that will ship anything on wheels. While in the Air Force, I used them to ship cars to Hawaii and back. Friends used them to ship boats (24' to 36') and even a Cessna 175. Oh, the boat was on a trailer with wheels and the Cessna had to have the wings removed and stored along side.

But, there are many companies that will ship a 5th wheel to Norway, Australia, or just about anywhere else in the world (for a price).

lasater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 05:13 PM   #22
GA Mountaineer
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #11997
Well in 1 year of ownership we have had 2 problems with our Mountaineer. The hydraulic ram that runs the bedroom slide was bad when we got the trailer. The table has cracked. Hydraulics are mostly standard parts and I think that I could have had the cylinder fixed in most any location. The table is some thing that as of right now we are still using, a new one is coming but not here yet. And it is also something that could be fixed by any good cabinetmaker. After this weekend it's on us, no warranty. I would think that if you can keep the Pete running you can keep a 5'th wheel going. If they will let you air over hydraulic disk would be my choice. An air brake chamber actuating the hydraulic master cylinder, and disk brakes.

2018 Silverado 3500 DRW
2011 Montana Mountaineer 285RLD
GA Mountaineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 07:58 PM   #23
Arve-norway
Established Member

M.O.C. #12964
Send a message via MSN to Arve-norway
is not my pete is a friends. whe had it in the wedding in june.but i have work as a mecanicer on trucks and cars soo i can do some things self i now drive truck.https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater my truck
Arve-norway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 08:01 PM   #24
Arve-norway
Established Member

M.O.C. #12964
is good to hear what problems you all have.but some problems it will always be on all trailers
Old 11-02-2012, 10:52 PM   #25
Arve-norway
Established Member

M.O.C. #12964
the last year for el brakes in norway was in 2007.. all semi trailers over 3500kg must be air brake. they do all they can to do it more diffecult to get american things at the road.. the people ho run this land love hybrid cars an small japanese cars.but hop to bye one fifth wheel befor its totaly stop
Old 11-09-2012, 10:33 AM   #26
Arve-norway
Established Member

M.O.C. #12964
were is the best offers on fifth wheels
Old 11-09-2012, 01:48 PM   #27
DonandBonnie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5906
Town and Country RV in Clyde, Ohio recently sold a Montana for export to somewhere in Europe. They may have first hand knowledge about warrenty issues on exports. Their website is www.tacrv.com. Phone 419-547-0708.
DonandBonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 07:13 AM   #28
Arve-norway
Established Member

M.O.C. #12964
mybe i must go to a rv-show to see the product befor i bye... i did think te qualety of the trailers was good before.but after reading on this site is much trubbel to reade abaute? qualety controle don`t work and you name it... is it som traier i can bye so is good.. other brands ????
Old 11-20-2012, 11:50 AM   #29
rconkin
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #12463
We bought our 346LBQ in May and so far so good. There were a few small flaws that I fixed myself which were more due to poor design/layout than quality. the door to the bunkroom would not open when the optional sleeper sofa was out so I changed the swing so that it swings into the living area. The rubber gas hose in the kitchen slide is kinking when the slide is in and not allowing gas to the refrigerator and will take that to the dealer to be corrected. I would think that is something I could fix myself if I had to. We love the layout as we are raising two grandchildren and them having their own room and bathroom is great. Overall we are very satisfied so far.
rconkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 10:36 AM   #30
Arve-norway
Established Member

M.O.C. #12964
is just the one i is looking for http://www.couchscampers.com/rv/keys...taineer_346LBQ.. what price did you pay.. im happy to hear som other place.where we get it fully loadet for best price
Old 11-21-2012, 10:37 AM   #31
Arve-norway
Established Member

M.O.C. #12964
http://www.goos-rv.com/Details.cfm/7...B/Hartford-SD/
is this the same or is it poor qualety?
Old 11-21-2012, 01:27 PM   #32
rconkin
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #12463
I would have to dig the papers out to see exactly what we paid, but, that seems like a pretty good price. You could find them around 40,000 back in May. I looked them up http://www.rvtrader.com/New-And-Used-Keystone-Mountaineer-346lbq-Rvs-For-Sale----Rvtrader.Com/search-results?make=Keystone%7C2273942&model=Mountaineer+ 346lbq&vrsn=hybrid when we were looking.
Old 11-23-2012, 04:49 AM   #33
Arve-norway
Established Member

M.O.C. #12964
is it possible to get the fiberglass end on mountaineer ? if so is it expensive ?
Old 11-30-2012, 06:54 PM   #34
Arve-norway
Established Member

M.O.C. #12964
can you youse this fifth wheel(346lbq) when slide is in... for short one nigth stopes
Old 12-01-2012, 02:14 AM   #35
rconkin
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #12463
If you're asking about the rear cap, I wouldn't think it's posssible. With the slides in, we can access the bedroom, bathroom and fridge. You would just have to climb across the bed since it's against the bureau at the foot. You can't access the bunk room from inside with the slides in. You can get in the bunk room through the second door. Neither of the sleeper sofas could be extended with the slides in and you cannot get to the drawers and oven in the kitchen. We have the optional sleeper sofa in the bunk room.
Old 12-01-2012, 09:26 AM   #36
Arve-norway
Established Member

M.O.C. #12964
ok but still you can mowe araund if slide is inn... i think if i just stop on a holding place for the nigth i dont use the sliders.. nice to know how its work for you.. i like this trailer with all the sleeping place
Old 12-01-2012, 09:41 AM   #37
rconkin
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #12463
Yes you can still move around. You could even sit on the couch and get to the microwave if you wanted to. The kids could even sleep in the bunkroom, ours just aren't old enough that I would feel comfortable doing it. We are raising two grandkids that are with us all the time and we have two more granddaughters that will be going with us next year so all the sleeping space is great. My 22 year old son went with us this summer on vacation and he slept on the sleeper sofa in the living room. He said it was pretty comfortable. We had used mattress toppers on the sofas in our previous 5ers and he didn't even use one with the air mattress. We absolutely love this floorplan. The amount of counterspace in the kitchen really sold us on it when we were looking.
Old 12-04-2012, 07:26 AM   #38
Arve-norway
Established Member

M.O.C. #12964
nice i will ask you if i wonder abaute somting abaute this floor plan... nice i found one who have the type i looking for self..
Old 01-05-2013, 12:43 AM   #39
Arve-norway
Established Member

M.O.C. #12964
rconkin is your truck short bed truck ? i wonder abaute total lengt of trailer ant pick up put together.. whe hav 17.5 total lengt.. 39 fot fift and a crew-cab 8fot bed do i pass that ?
Old 01-05-2013, 12:09 PM   #40
exav8tr
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6333
I would be concerned abvout the difference in electrical service. 60 cycles here verses 50 cycles there. We were in Spain where we had to use transformers which is not a great way to go. Not sure how that would work on all the electronic gear and appliances.....
exav8tr is offline   Reply With Quote