Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 07-12-2020, 08:48 PM   #1
Keith Schweizer
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8841
5.1 Home theater, FM, DVR stopped working

My DVR has stopped working in my 2009 2955rl. I know this product is no longer available and I am OK with that. I think I will need to find a home theater system with blu ray.
I would like to stay with a wired speaker system as we often boondock. The speakers in bedroom area we do not use and are not connected. I'm sure many have replaced their system as this system was not built to last.
Any suggestions on a replacement would be a appreciated. We are not full timers but like to do several 2-3 week outings a year. With no tv reception or sat hookup a good old western fits the bill every time.

Thanks to all in advance!

09 2955rl,5 Sailun 637 , Mor ryde wet bolt kit, 50 amp progressive hard wired surge protector, solar , 4-6 volt Interstate batteries, charge indicator, HD tow hitch ,2-2000w Honda generators, Back up camera,2015 F-350,6.7,
air bags,, 50 gallon Titan Pace Edwards bed cover, TST 507-FT
Keith Schweizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2020, 09:02 PM   #2
bleedmichigan
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #23739
What size connectors does your speakers have? Are they wires or are they 4.2mm like these

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06ZZS3KYW...t_b_asin_image

We switched our Samsung dvd out with a Samsung Blu-ray
That was comparable with the speakers and when the speakers started to give out we switched those out to a Bose set I had and put in a small receiver and blue ray player so we can easily have some extra hdmi inputs.
bleedmichigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2020, 07:56 AM   #3
BB_TX
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6433
I am thinking your 2955RL if similar to my 2007 3075RL as far as that cabinet with limited space for the DVD/sound system. Mine died years ago. I measured the cabinet opening, went to Best Buy, found a Panasonic blu ray DVD/5.1 surround home theater system that would fit the opening, and installed it. Came with new speakers that were just lightly larger than the old ones, so I had to enlarge the speaker opening just a little. Sound is much better than the old one. That was years ago and I don't know that that same model is available.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	100_1201.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	223.6 KB
ID:	6816  
BB_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2020, 02:39 PM   #4
Keith Schweizer
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8841
Bleedmichigin ,

The wires to the speakers are just a wire that is kept in place with a tab on the back of the main unit. I will keep the adapters you referenced to me from amazon in mind if I end up going with that brand.

Thanks for the info, Keith
09 2955rl,5 Sailun 637 , Mor ryde wet bolt kit, 50 amp progressive hard wired surge protector, solar , 4-6 volt Interstate batteries, charge indicator, HD tow hitch ,2-2000w Honda generators, Back up camera,2015 F-350,6.7,
Old 07-13-2020, 02:55 PM   #5
Keith Schweizer
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8841
BB TX,
Yes I have the same setup as you in my 5er. I did look a little on Best Buy, but will have to go back to their site to look a little more. Most everything now seems to be wireless and use wifi with it. I'm hoping to find something that is hard wired to speakers to keep things simple. Cutting the openings bigger for larger speakers above the tv would not be a problem.
I'm pretty good at making saw dust

Thanks for your photo and info, Keith