Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Workamping
Click Here to Login

Old 08-24-2010, 06:26 AM   #1
dreamers2010
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #9962
Send a message via AIM to dreamers2010
Has anyone worked here?

We are considering a workcamper position at Canyon Lake Resort in Mission, TX.

Has anyone worked there and what was your experience?

Judy

dreamers2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 03:15 PM   #2
Hemlockusa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4766
Hello Judy
I have no knowledge of Canyon Lake Resort in Mission. However there are several Montana owners that stay in the Mission area. They treat the winter Texan OK.

If you don't like Canyon Lake, there are plenty of other RV spots in the Valley that are nice and you might be able to find a position with one of them. When you get to the valley get the Winter Texan directory and look around. Check out Bentsen Palm or Green Gate Grove both very nice parks.
Hemlockusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 01:51 AM   #3
Lambchop
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5793
Sorry we can't help you, Judy. We are going to Mission Bells RV Resort for workamping in Oct. It's also in Mission, TX. We are new at this & maybe we'll look for other MOC members. We really don't know anything about the area...going there blind.....We have to workamp there until April 15th.

Roy & Kay
Lambchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 05:24 AM   #4
CmdrDewey
Montana Master

M.O.C. #433
The Mission Area is very pleasant. We will be there again for our 6th year. There are probably a couple of dozen other MOC members that winter there as well. I know very little about either Canyon Lake or Mission Bell except that I have driven by each a few times. They are both rated pretty high by Good Sam. Mission Bell is sort of in the middle of a residential area and Canyon Lake is more on the outskirts.

I remember thinking that I would not want to stay at either one but it is important to remember that many of the MOC ers in the valley stay at Bentsen Palm Village but I wouldn't stay there either. We stay at Bentsen Grove Resort but MOCers do not. Different strokes ya know.

Enjoy your stay in The Valley
CmdrDewey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 11:05 AM   #5
awaywego
Montana Master

M.O.C. #40
We spent a month in Canyon Lake winter 2009. Did not work there but it was a nice park and convienient to everything in Mission and just blocks from Walmart and etc. The employees we met seemed happy.
awaywego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 04:57 PM   #6
rich6506547
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #8222
We worked there for awhile, if you go there watch out for the people that live there. We won't go back took a month to get the knife out of our backs.
rich6506547 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 12:41 PM   #7
PatnRich
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1250
We were going to stay there and then a site opened at Bentsen Palm Village which was our first choice. We liked the Mission area, however, my wife wanted to try Florida this year. So Florida it is!
As has been said before, "If momma ain't happy....."
PatnRich is offline   Reply With Quote