Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Repairs & Service
Click Here to Login

Old 06-07-2019, 10:57 AM   #1
rsaylor3
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #24033
2020 HC 331rl kitchen slide groaning?

We just purchased this new 331rl High Country a couple weeks back. I don't recall it making this noise the first few times we used the slide, but yesterday we were doing some decorating and cleaning and I noticed that when I shut the kitchen slide it makes a groaning, almost like it's scraping along the floor during the last 6-8 inches of coming in.

We have the residential fridge. I checked under the slide and nothing obstructing. I can slide a piece of paper under the most forward corner of the slide when fully in. I feel like the noise is coming from that most forward corner, which is where the fridge is.

I sprayed the slide seals with silicone and that didn't seem to help. I don't see any scraps or area that it is impacting/touching the floor.

Any ideas? Just want to make sure I'm not going to have a problem down the road.

rsaylor3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 11:43 AM   #2
jsb5717
Montana Master

M.O.C. #23668
I could be wrong but I don't believe there are any rollers under that slide. So it's just the darko material sliding on the bar. Some have corrected that friction by adding rollers. It doesn't look too difficult, just a pain that you have to at all.

jsb5717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 11:57 AM   #3
rsaylor3
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #24033
Thanks Jeff, but I watched that video and mine is not skipping or buffeting like his was. Mine is more of a droan at the end of the slide coming in. I'm going to be by the camper tonight and I'm going to slide it in just until it starts to make the noise and see if I can see any issues under it.
rsaylor3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2019, 06:56 AM   #4
darrylwt
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #17873
Quote:
Originally Posted by rsaylor3 View Post
Thanks Jeff, but I watched that video and mine is not skipping or buffeting like his was. Mine is more of a droan at the end of the slide coming in. I'm going to be by the camper tonight and I'm going to slide it in just until it starts to make the noise and see if I can see any issues under it.
I had a 305RL and mine was doing the same thing and the dealer added rollers under the slide that had the wear strips and that stopped the noise and chatter, it was a roller kit that Keystone recommended in a recall or service bulletin