Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Old 04-24-2010, 08:26 AM   #1
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Who would have thunk

Replacing the clunker TV in the bedroom of our 06 3400 with a flat screen HDTV. removed the old one. Looked for the two screws through the bottom of the TV..found them, removed them .TV was still firmly attached. They had screws in the closet side of the TV which could only have been put in before the closet was there or they installed the Tv in the cabinet first then installed the whole thing in the camper. There was no way to get the side screw out other than tearing in out by the roots. Those old world craftsman install things to stay. Total weight of the new TV and mounting bracket is 18 lbs half the weight of the OEM anchor. Got the bracket from Mor Ryde at the Fall rally....It is sturdy..weighs 8lbs.

richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 08:55 AM   #2
nailbender
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5811
There is a small piece of wood inside the TV cabinet located on the shelf that will stop the door from swinging out too far. If the wood is removed, the door will swing out and the screw into the TV can be removed.
nailbender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 01:38 PM   #3
Jdrobone
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9833
Enjoy Rich!
Jerry
Jdrobone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 03:13 PM   #4
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Only if my arm had a joint between my elbow and wrist.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 05:51 PM   #5
JimF
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6260
Send a message via ICQ to JimF Send a message via AIM to JimF Send a message via Yahoo to JimF
Rich, as he said,remove the stop and swing it out all the way, the screw is through the side brace. Got mine out with no problem and I don't have a joint between my elbow and wrist.
JimF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 06:30 PM   #6
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
Ha! Ha! At the Rally in Kerrville, I helped Andy, somewhat, in the cabling of his bedroom TV. I had to contortion myself to get behind the TV, by stooping, and getting my head positioned just right where my neck would fit between the tv and the dresser (Knee problems - would not bend)

I did get smart at the end though. I had Andy put the cables back on. He just had to WALK under the tv and I don't think he had to bend his knees. (Hee! Hee!)
Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 04:44 PM   #7
scductman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7270
Rich I changed mine before we came down to the mouse in march. what got me was they screwed two screws right up in the bottom of the tv and one in the top of the side and I mean LONG screws. how in the world can they just run screws in a tv and not hit anything. I could not believe it.
bobby
scductman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 04:42 PM   #8
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by nailbender

There is a small piece of wood inside the TV cabinet located on the shelf that will stop the door from swinging out too far. If the wood is removed, the door will swing out and the screw into the TV can be removed.
Excellent information, Don! We have not swapped out the bedroom tv yet but it's in the plans for the near future and this info will certainly prove valuable.

I'm looking forward to meeting you at Siskiyou, Don.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote