Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 11-08-2009, 12:23 PM   #1
Delaine and Lindy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6650
Hurricane Ida ??????

Dave (exnavydiver), Deliane and me decided we just couldn't trust the weather experts. Hurricane Ida is in the Gulf of Mexico but you never know were a Hurricane will go. We are South of Montgomery in Greenville Ala. Nice place, good WiFi and we are on a Concrete pad. Will be here for a few days and will go back to Foley Ala. GBY....

Delaine and Lindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 12:42 PM   #2
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
As far as I know, OntMont went to Montgomery area as well, per email from him about 2:30 this afternoon. He was at the Gulf Shores State Park. We will be watching reports, as CountryGuy and Mrs. hope to head that way this week. Will be watching for any damage reports, and reports on power grid, up or down. Glad to hear ya all ran! Good decision as far as I am concerned.
Mrs. CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 01:12 PM   #3
exav8tr
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6333
Hey guys, I was thinking about you two as I was driving into San Antonio today and hearing the reports about IDA on the radio. Glad to hear you got out of there in time. I know I wound not want to be stuck there either. Button down the hatches and be safe......
exav8tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 01:21 PM   #4
TheCoachPotatoes
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3847
We were near New Orleans, and decided to head north as well. We will be here for at least a couple of days as there are flood watches all around the New Orleans area. We are 80 miles north of New Orleans off interstate 55.
TheCoachPotatoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 01:35 PM   #5
Delaine and Lindy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6650
Mrs Country Guy Bingo and some more of us are going to get together in Pensacola I think its the week before Thanksgiving. OntMont I think will be joining in also, Delaine and me would Love to meet you guys. Will be meeting at Olive Garden I think. Will firm up everything later. Thanks Phil we just didn't want to take a unnessary chance and since we are on wheel it just wasn't worth the chance. We went and met Ontmont at Gulf Shores State park he is closer than we were to the Gulf. I'm sure hoping that Dave and Chris are North of New Orleans they were in that area. GBY....
Old 11-08-2009, 01:55 PM   #6
mcgiver2
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2389
My wife and i were talking about yall today hoping that yall where gona go north.....be safe and god bless
mcgiver2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 02:00 PM   #7
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
We are Near Orlando and are keeping a eye on IDA. It is a ..no big deal storm for Florida but depending on the track..

See here http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/ there can be 40/60 MPH winds in ths area. We would be broad side to the wind here at this park and a RV will not stand up to sustained winds of 50/60mph. Having worked in aviation for many years we have a working knowledge of windspeed and 50MPh is a..stiff wind... see here..... http://www.marinewaypoints.com/marine/wind.shtml
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 02:05 PM   #8
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
Carol,
Sure hope you and Al can join us the week of Thanksgiving. We would really enjoy meeting the both of you as well as the others planning to
attend and anybody else who just happens to be in the neighborhood and wants to join our little impromptu Moc mini get-together. It is definitely weird hearing of Hurricanes in November, but it sounds as if it will not catch anyone by surprise.
Bingo

Bingo and Cathy - Our adventures begin in the hills of WV. We are blessed by our 2014 3850FL Big Sky (previous 2011 3750FL and 2007 3400RL) that we pull with a 2007 Chevy Silverado Classic DRW CC dually.
bncinwv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 02:32 PM   #9
OntMont
Montana Master

M.O.C. #122
We are all packed and ready to roll first thing Monday morning. A lot of undecided folk around here, but it looks like the majority are going to be moving out. We will be going to Capital City RV Park near Montogomery.
OntMont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 02:42 PM   #10
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
Depending on several issues (not the least of which is Mr. G's vet visit tomorrow), we were aiming at a tentative departure of Tuesday. Now we will keep eye on news reports, as I said, for damage reports, etc.

If all goes well, we could be in the area by weeks end. We are flying, errrr, rving, by the seat of our pants, err, Big Butt. After the last couple of years we find it hard to plan specifics. We roll day by day, and punt the rest of the time!

We had not notified anyone of of plans until we were closer to arrival. Lets put it this way, if we are there the day you plan to gather, we WILL be there to partake of the food and fun and festivities.

In the meantime, you all be careful out there.

(Nita was glad to see you moved north too! Love your blog!!)
Mrs. CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 12:11 AM   #11
adelmoll
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2716
OntMont, looks like you are going to be in Glen and Judy's back yard almost.. Be sure to give them hugs from us if (when) you see them.

Nita and Al, sure glad you moved up a bit. Stay safe.

Helen
adelmoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 04:03 AM   #12
bullroc3
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7122
We are in the Orlando area for a few days. IDA thought that hurricanes would be just about over for the season. WHODA thought this would happen.
Old 11-09-2009, 04:15 AM   #13
David and Jo-Anna
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6022
We'll be heading to Orlando later today (we are not towing the BS). Supposed to head to New Orleans on Thursday, we'll see what happens..........
David and Jo-Anna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 05:31 AM   #14
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
IDA will be no big deal in the Orlando area. Bit of wind..maybe some foul weather.We will put the awning up and thats it...
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 08:29 AM   #15
Delaine and Lindy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6650
I was told by a RVer here this morning they are on their way to Destin, Fla. Henderson I think she said. But anyhow she call them this morning and they Close the park and had the RVer leave??? This is second hand info so take it at that. But will reopen Wed if they don't have any damage. But the weather channel said it will be wet there! We are in Greenville, Ala. and the rain came down at 1:30 pm but we have had no wind. GBY....
Old 11-09-2009, 01:21 PM   #16
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
I don't blame anyone for leaving an area where a hurricane is expected. Been there, done that. Evacuated for Ike. Went about 90 miles inland. What did Ike do, followed me and the eye came within 3 miles of us. It's not a fun experience. Best thing that happened was I have my own generator and had electricity for two and a half days after.

I strongly suggest getting out of the area for anyone thinking of riding it out.
Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote