Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 09-01-2009, 04:07 PM   #21
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
For FL is has Mild & Wet predicted. Perfect! Love that 70-75 temp in January and we sure could some rain during our dry season. Tired of high fire danger all winter. Rains about once every 3 weeks in the winter there normally. A few times we have had lower humidity than my daughter in Las Vegas... FL, of course, does have cactus and rattle snakes.

dsprik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 12:21 PM   #22
Tom S.
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7500
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by dsprik

For FL is has Mild & Wet predicted. Perfect! Love that 70-75 temp in January and we sure could some rain during our dry season. Tired of high fire danger all winter. Rains about once every 3 weeks in the winter there normally. A few times we have had lower humidity than my daughter in Las Vegas... FL, of course, does have cactus and rattle snakes.
And "Palmetto Bugs" (aka king-kong roaches)
And alligators
And those nuisances called hurricanes...
Tom S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 03:45 PM   #23
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Tom S.

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by dsprik

And "Palmetto Bugs" (aka king-kong roaches)
And alligators
And those nuisances called hurricanes...
And of course the occasional winter tornado...
Old 09-06-2009, 02:51 AM   #24
trukdoc
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2220
Send a message via MSN to trukdoc
What happened to GLOBAL WARMING!!!
trukdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 04:29 AM   #25
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by trukdoc

What happened to GLOBAL WARMING!!!
Apparently "Global Warming" does NOT mean everyone gets warmer. It really means "Global Temperature Changes". We have had our second summer in a row here in N. MI with record cold temps (along with last winter). We had some local cities having high daytime temps in the upper 50's several times this past July. Ave temps supposed to be in the 80's and we had one daytime high in July of 57. Broke a 1893 record. Several other cites suffered likewise.

However, out west in Las Vegas, where our daughter lives, they had record highs. Also the NW US also has had some record heat waves in the 100's.

Right now we are getting some payback from Mother Nature. After a long cold summer - I do not even have tan - the last week and this coming week are clear and temps rising up into the 80's every day with the daytime ave now supposed to be 70-72. A couple days ago was the first time all summer that I actually got my boat out 2 days in a row.
Old 09-06-2009, 04:38 AM   #26
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
Interesting article on cnn.com this morning. Saw this right after I just posted this last post...

http://www.cnn.com/2009/US/09/04/gre...mer/index.html