Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 05-04-2009, 10:22 AM   #1
Exnavydiver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7753
Send a message via AIM to Exnavydiver Send a message via MSN to Exnavydiver Send a message via Yahoo to Exnavydiver
EEEE! HAAAA! Key West for another week

Just called home this morning and out appointment for the 29th has been moved to Aug 4th. As soon as I got off the phone I ran over to the MWR office and booked us for another week. So we will get to see sailer and his wife when they get down here. The wind is finally laying down and changing direction so maybe we WILL get to do some diving this trip. It is 91 here today but with the wind it feels like 91. The local weather says it is 84 but trust me, it is 91 where we are. So this after noon we are sitting in the rig soaking up the AC till this evening when it is supposed to get all the way down to 74. This weather is so unpredictable, the temps this last two weeks have been 83/74, 83/74, 83/74, 83/74, 83/74, 83/74, 83/74, 83/74, 83/74, 83/74, 83/74, 83/74, 91/74 see what I mean, no consistency... Dave

Exnavydiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 10:33 AM   #2
H. John Kohl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #311
Send a message via AIM to H. John Kohl Send a message via MSN to H. John Kohl Send a message via Yahoo to H. John Kohl
Sounds like tough duty. Enjoy your time.
H. John Kohl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 11:30 AM   #3
Wayne and Carolyn Mathews
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7445
Don't feel so special, Dave. Our temperatures have been very consistent, too: 40/24, snow/rain; 40/24, snow/rain; 40/24, snow/rain;40/24, snow/rain;40/24, snow/rain;40/24, snow/rain. Maybe we should boogie over to the Key West and experience the monotony of your weather!

Carolyn
Wayne and Carolyn Mathews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 11:42 AM   #4
greener
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7882
And what campground are you at in that miserable weather?
greener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 12:11 PM   #5
Exnavydiver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7753
Send a message via AIM to Exnavydiver Send a message via MSN to Exnavydiver Send a message via Yahoo to Exnavydiver
Greener, we are at Naval Air Station Key West at Sigsbee RV Park, if you are retired military, DOD, or Disabled Vet, it is 20 a night for full hook up. Within walking distance of the Exchange and the Commissary. The place is wide open now and I counted 30+ sites open in this section alone, there is another down on the point of the base... Dave
Old 05-04-2009, 12:25 PM   #6
1Happycamper
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6880
Hi Dave..Don't you just hate it when you have been waiting for an appointment and they have the nerve to change it. Oh well, enjoy.
Say hi to John & Sharon for us.

Bill & Angie
1Happycamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 02:16 PM   #7
adelmoll
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2716
Fantastic. Makes me want to get Bill to re-up just for the perks. When we were at the Blue ?? last year it was
$3500.00 for the month.

Helen
adelmoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 03:03 PM   #8
Exnavydiver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7753
Helen, that would be Boyds I think. That is about the standard for their winter season prices. We have submitted our application for camp host for Nov to April next season. We don't hold much hope but what the heck we can only try. Would love to do the winter here... Dave
Old 05-04-2009, 03:23 PM   #9
HughM
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7219
Dave, Look at Blue Water Key RV park. They are looking for a couple to work camp and you could stay on a canal lot that usually rents for $4400.00 a month. Info is on their web site. Blue Water Key is a VERY nice park. Upper end.
Hugh
HughM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 03:28 PM   #10
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
Dave,
You must consider it "your loss." Just think, if you had traveled North, and came here to Mayport, you would have temperatures in the 70's. But the biggest loss is to have missed Phil, Cathy, Earlene and little ol' me. But then, maybe this place doesn't need another sailor.

Semper Fi!
Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 02:50 AM   #11
adelmoll
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2716
Yup, Blue Water is the one I was thinking about. I think it was about Mile post 10. We have friends that work camped thereand we went to visit them. They quit before the season was up because the owners were so hard to get along with. They admit it might have been just a clash with them though.

This year they worked in the Everglades and signed up to go back again next year.

Helen
adelmoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 09:37 AM   #12
Bill-N-Donna
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7110
Phil, don’t take the weather so hard! We have had rain and before that we have had some rain and before that we even had rain. If I keep digressing far enough I can remember SNOW not very long ago!

Sounds like you’re having a great time!

Old 05-06-2009, 09:48 AM   #13
Exnavydiver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7753
Wayne, how long you plan on being around Mayport?
Old 05-09-2009, 10:17 AM   #14
Exnavydiver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7753
Well we took a little drive today to see where sailer will be and it is Blue Water Key Luxury RV Resort and it is very nice. Being as how all the sites are privately owned and almost all have a little cabana built on site they can command a huge chunk of change for them. Off Water is 70 a night, canal is 80, and waterfront is 105 this from 61 April to14 Aug. 15 Aug to 15 Oct is 55,70, and 95. The winter season is 120, 130, 140 with a 5 day minimum. Boyds on Stock Island it more. So I guess I will stay here at Sigsbee and enjoy the 20 dolar a night rate... Dave
Old 05-09-2009, 10:41 AM   #15
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
Dave,
I missed your post. I must have been sleeping instead of reading.

We are leaving here Sunday, May 10th, Mommy's day. DW planned that I'm sure. I have an overnight reservation at Camping World in Pooler, GA. (reservation not needed or given) for a washer/dryer combo water leak only when washing so I'm suspecting it's in the drain. Warranty will take care of the work and I have already contacted the manufacturer and have approval. We are anticipating only one day for the repair, but of course if they have to order any part - that's a different story.

On the 11th I have reservations at Hardeeville RV SC for 3 nights, then on to Charleston - no reservations yet but might try the FamCamp.

What is your schedule?
Old 05-09-2009, 11:09 AM   #16
Exnavydiver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7753
Wayne, we are heading north Wed or Thursday this week. First to Sarasota for a couple days then to Savannah for a few more. After that we will make a nice leisurely trip north to make John's rally in NY. When you get to Charleston you should know that they now have a Gama Scan on the main gate and it says that all trucks and RVs have to use that lane. If you have any firearms onboard they WILL show up. I left mine with a friend in Savannah before we went to Kings Bay and down here. We stayed at a nice park right on 17 just 4 miles west of 526. It is a nice park and has a huge dog run. It is only about 5 minutes from the nearest Walmart and only 9 miles from all the sites in down town Charleston. We checked oyt the Famcamp at the AFB and it isn't bad but it only has 8 or ten sites. If you are going there ya better call ahead. CW in Pooler is pretty good when they get their stuff together. They did our Black tank and micro/convection replacement last year. If you plan on doing the site seeing stuff then go to the ITT office on the AFB for tickets, they have tickets for everything and it is a lot cheaper. If you plan on any of the tours get down town early in order to bet parking space. And take down any tall antennas on the truck before going into the garage or the roof will do it for you (don't ask). So after we leave here we will be back in the Savannah/Charleston area in a week... Dave
Old 05-09-2009, 04:40 PM   #17
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
Dave,
Looks like we'll miss each other unless you get to Charleston soon. I'm going to miss John's Wagon Master stunts. That should be fun. My granddaughter's birthday is the 28th and we will be at Lunga Park, Quantico from the 25th through at least the 5th and hopefully longer. All we could get was 10 days with expectation of extending.

After Charleston we will probably run up the coast line stopping a few time, one most likely in J'ville, NC and see if we can get in at Camp LeJeune. Some time after Quantico we will be running up to New England Via Fort Mead, MD, then into Canada, back down through Niagara Falls(Hey stick around at the rally and we'll see you in a couple months) and on back to Texas.

Keep me posted of your itinerary. Who knows, paths may cross yet.

Don't tell John, but he's still uglier than I am!!!
Old 05-10-2009, 02:53 PM   #18
sailer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6977
Dave ,we will see you on monday pm or tuesday, i hoped you were staying the week to get a little fun time in sailer
sailer is offline   Reply With Quote