Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 12-12-2008, 03:38 AM   #1
ARJ
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6162
Discount drugs.

Because I am only taking 1 prescription, I am not signing up for a Medicare D policy next year (cheaper this way).

In looking for a source of discount drugs I found this web site. They are in Frisco, TX, have a physical address and ship free. I thought it may be of interest to some MOC members.

And..............MERRY CHRISTMAS

Boy! What a nitwit-I forgot to paste the link.

http://www.pharmnet.com/index.htm

ARJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 04:58 AM   #2
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
I felt the same way. I only had one Rx........until this year. Suddenly I am on 5 different meds. Bummer, but because I have Part D, my provider pays 100% of all 5 because I am using generic (with the doctors approval) and I never hit the gap. Without Part D, the bill would be much higher than the $35 per month. You might check the rules because sometimes if you wait until you need it, then you can't get it.
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 05:26 AM   #3
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
Eh! You want me to give up my source! No way!
Glad you found one.
Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 06:59 AM   #4
SlickWillie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6575
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by ARJ

Because I am only taking 1 prescription, I am not signing up for a Medicare D policy next year (cheaper this way).

In looking for a source of discount drugs I found this web site. They are in Frisco, TX, have a physical address and ship free. I thought it may be of interest to some MOC members.

And..............MERRY CHRISTMAS

Boy! What a nitwit-I forgot to paste the link.

http://www.pharmnet.com/index.htm
Check out Canada Pharmacy. I've used them for years now. I paid a $40 fee years ago, and I get free shipping on anything I order. Not as cheap as they used to be, but I checked the one medication I use against the site you listed, and they beat it by about $15 for a months supply. Back before the ban on medicine from Canada was lifted, Customs seized my wife's medication. I sent a copy of the letter from Customs to Canada Pharmacy and they shipped replacement medication free.
SlickWillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 07:15 AM   #5
ARJ
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6162
Thanks Will. My meds are a lot cheaper at pharmnet than the one you use. A person just has to shop till we drop to get the best prices!
ARJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 02:19 PM   #6
snfexpress
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5140
I have used aclepsa.com for many years since the costs for my drugs are less than my co-pay (I am not entitled to Medicare, yet).

Check this out:

Pharmnet Lotrel (generic)

Aclepsa Lotrel (generic)

I have not had any quality issues with Aclepsa - my doctor knows about the drugs and my labs and other tests are good. The only problem with Aclepsa is that you need to order about 60 days out.

Just an FYI.
snfexpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 03:23 PM   #7
Bob Pasternak
Montana Master

M.O.C. #800
Send a message via ICQ to Bob Pasternak
Back when the 'Part D' came out I was on 3 scrips. they were cheaper thru Canada than what the cost for the Part D premiums were so I passed on it. Earlier this year my dr put me on an osteoporosus(sic) medicine that costs $800 plus a month. And no part D. My dr. managed to get free samples from Lilly for the last 2 months and I've got on a part D now that will cover it. And I need to take it for 2 years. There is a penalty for not signing up when first elgible and I'll probably have to pay it but it's cheaper than the medication. Also the drug isn't available thru Canada that I can find.
Bob Pasternak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 03:56 PM   #8
SlickWillie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6575
Yep, I didn't take part "D" either. Seems there is a 10% penalty per year, IIRC. I really didn't see Part D as a very good deal, except for the pharmaceutical companies. Of course, it's all subject to change after January 20, 2009.
Old 12-13-2008, 12:59 AM   #9
exav8tr
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6333
Will, They'll all be FREE after then, won't they??????
exav8tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 01:13 AM   #10
SlickWillie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6575
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by exav8tr

Will, They'll all be FREE after then, won't they??????
Yep, that's what I wanted to say, but I was afraid someone might take offense. Oh well, what the heck.