Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Old 11-07-2013, 06:35 PM   #1
gjetzen
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7542
Dynasty matress

I am thinking about a new mattress for the Monty. Anyone know anything about Dynasty Mattresses or can make a suggestion other than a sleep number. Not looking to spend a fortune on a new mattress.

gjetzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 10:07 PM   #2
Overlord
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #11202
Two weeks ago, I put in a Sleep Science 8" memory foam Queen (60" x 80") from Costco.com to replace the King (72" x 80") pillow top unit that came with our 5er. It is on sale now at $400 shipped.

Have not slept on it yet, tomorrow night will be the first snooze on it. I think it will be a huge improvement over the inner-spring mattress that it is replacing. It was starting to get a little long in the tooth, but was fairly decent for the first few years of occasional use.

On the plus side already, I can actually walk between the bed and the closet now. If the 8" turns out to be too thin, we will add a gel memory foam topper to it, but I think that will not be necessary. ...or it could be returned to Costco and try the 11" one, but I was going for weight savings with the 8" one.
Overlord is offline   Reply With Quote