Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 03-15-2011, 04:28 PM   #1
c214dick
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8160
Moving to Florida

Well it finally happened. After spending over two months here, w/o snow and ice, we made an offer on a house and it was accepted. We still have to go through the usual home buying stuff but it should not be a problem.

We will be leaving here 4/3 assuming Louise heart cath is OK and put our Illinois home on the market. We are going to put Monty in storage down here as we will be returning in late May to go on a cruise. The home we are buying has enough room to park Monty in the back yard so that's what we will be doing after/before the cruise.

The good thing is that we will not have to travel to far to attend the Florida luncheons. The bad thing is, there sure are a lot of old people down here LOL

c214dick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 04:33 PM   #2
CORattler
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10496
I'm happy for you both. I think there is a law that requires folks over a certain age to live in Florida anyway so now you'll be legal Best of luck with your new digs ...

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by c214dick

Well it finally happened. After spending over two months here, w/o snow and ice, we made an offer on a house and it was accepted. We still have to go through the usual home buying stuff but it should not be a problem.

We will be leaving here 4/3 assuming Louise heart cath is OK and put our Illinois home on the market. We are going to put Monty in storage down here as we will be returning in late May to go on a cruise. The home we are buying has enough room to park Monty in the back yard so that's what we will be doing after/before the cruise.

The good thing is that we will not have to travel to far to attend the Florida luncheons. The bad thing is, there sure are a lot of old people down here LOL
CORattler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 05:56 PM   #3
exav8tr
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6333
Just think, when you live there permanently you can do "LINNER" everyday. (Linner is that meal between lunch and dinner, around 3-4 pm. Usually coincides with the "Early Bird Special".) You can even partake of the "Blue Plate Specials" also...

Congrats on the new house.......
exav8tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 11:49 PM   #4
Phil P
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11206
Welcome to Florida

I have been here for 68 years. It‘s not like it was years ago but still warm in the winter.

Phil P
If you get a page not available then remove the "s" after HTTP
Phil P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 03:01 AM   #5
ols1932
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1944
Quote:

Ever since we started full timing it's something I tell my wife all the time, "Every where we go, all we see is old people."

Orv
ols1932 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 04:32 AM   #6
helmick
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8890
Quote:

What a surprise, I did not realize you two were old enough to move to Florida.

It will be a long way to the Great Plains Rally.
helmick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 08:09 AM   #7
jsmitfl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1709
Send a message via MSN to jsmitfl
Well Dick and Louise, Welcome to Fla, I would have made you an offer on our house you couldn't refuse. I even have a 90ft drive on the side with power,water,cable. Well when you all get down here we need to get together. JP
jsmitfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 09:15 AM   #8
c214dick
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8160
We're here now waiting on the appraisal. We should hear by Monday/Tuesday. Oncce we know for sure, than we will proceed in finding a temporary home for Monty. We would like to store it here and the Springs RV Resort but they only have two spots available and they will not accommodate our length.

I think you're too far south for us to purchase from JS but it doesn't mean we can't get together and participate in a Florida Rally.

We may be farther than before for the Nebraska Rally but according to DeLorme we are 1382 miles from it. If diesel continues to rise than we may not be able to make it which means I will owe Paul & Ron a bottle of wine.
Old 03-16-2011, 09:33 AM   #9
kdeiss
Montana Master

M.O.C. #164
Dick and Louise welcome to Florida. We did the same as you last year. Purchased a new house in Englewood Fl Sarasota County went home to Pittsburgh sold our home in two weeks closed on this home June 30th 2010 moved bag and baggage. Left Monty in the Pittsburgh area for visits in the summer.

Hope you enjoy Florida as much as we good luck the move will be not with out stress but once settled you will enjoy

Ken and Ginny
kdeiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 10:16 AM   #10
CamillaMichael
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10246
Congratulations! How the sale (on both houses) go well.
CamillaMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 02:17 PM   #11
bill maietta
Established Member

M.O.C. #9955
Welcome. We live in hollywood and love it. of course we get to leave with our Monty when the need arises...
bill maietta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 04:26 PM   #12
sailer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6977
Welcome to FL. We need the taxes so now you can help the economy. Its a great state , we are lower than you as we are in Bonita Springs , which is between Naples and FT Myers;;;;sailer
sailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 10:00 AM   #13
c214dick
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8160
Bad news, the appraisal come in $13000 below the agreed selling price. Good news, the seller dropped the price $13000 and we are good to go. We need to supply the mortgage company with a couple more documents but everything looks good. We will leave Monty here at the campgrounds for a small storage fee of $1/day. We will be back the end of May for our cruise and will haul stuff to Florida at that time. After the cruise we will bring Monty to it's new home and head back north. Hopefully the house will sell by than. In between we will be sprucing up and getting rid of stuff in order to make our "old" home more appealing.
Old 03-26-2011, 05:30 AM   #14
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Wow.. the summers are brutal here in Florida in the summer. We will move here one day but only stay during the winter months like we do now. perhaps you can report on the summer conditions.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 04:10 AM   #15
c214dick
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8160
Sorry Rich & Helen, I just read your post. We plan on traveling some place cooler during the summer with Monty. We know the midwest well enough to realize the hot and humid weather there is bad enough. Any suggestions for cooler summer environments will be appreciated.
Old 04-04-2011, 04:21 AM   #16
pineranch
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9765
Dick,
Here in the Panhandle, all the winter Canadians go back to Canada for the summer. It must be because its cooooolllll there. In fact, I'm thinking about visiting them so I can dig up their golf courses.
Mike
pineranch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 10:34 AM   #17
c214dick
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8160
Mike, I don't have to travel that far to dig up a course. I can travel about 2 miles to watch the divots fly. I can't imagine how tore up that course will be after 2 months of me "playing" on it.