Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Repairs & Service
Click Here to Login

Old 12-02-2020, 08:55 AM   #1
Our3231CK
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #20364
3820 Front Kitchen window

We have a 3820FK 2017, has anyone else with a front window experienced the frame fall off during transit? We arrived in Florida for the summer and found that during the last 200 miles on I 10 the front window frame came off and was laying on the table and U shape seat. Anyone else experience anything like this? Roads were not terrible, wind less then 10 and we don't go over 65.
Were here until April so I'm trying to figure out how to repair it myself. I have already got part of it back up, seems it was attached with staples, can't find any screw attachments. I'll most likely have to add in some type of support to the front frame, which in my mind have already been there. [IMG]file:///C:\Users\DRAGON~1\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\ 01\clip_image001.gif[/IMG]
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Front window 1.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	215.7 KB
ID:	7921   Click image for larger version

Name:	Front window 3.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	138.9 KB
ID:	7922  

Our3231CK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2020, 10:24 AM   #2
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
Your probably correct. Keystone loves staples and brad nailers to speed the production process, screws aren't something they are familiar with. 90% or the time when I'm repairing something that fell off going down the road, I figure a way to use screws to put it back.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2020, 12:32 PM   #3
BandBmalin
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #22581
Just traded my 2018 3820FK and during our last camping trip the weekend before we traded it, half of the decorative frame over the bed-side slide fell off. While camping, the wood block that holds the bedroom sliding door in on the bottom broke. The morning we were eating our last breakfast, the front grey tank fell out. I fixed everything over the following week using glue so the next owner will be better off. (The plumbing side of the tank remained intact so I unbolted part of the frame and reinserted the tank. Told the dealer after I traded it what had happened and that I had put it back to original. Hopefully they'll fix before the next owner?) At least the wooden parts I fixed were done better than original.

In the end, if you aren't a do it yourselfer before you start RVing, you will become one... Glad your window frame appears to be all cosmetic and not that the window was sitting on your dining table when you arrived!!
2017 Fully Grown 5 Pound Toy Golden Doodle
BandBmalin is offline   Reply With Quote