Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Campgrounds State, Provincial & Federal
Click Here to Login

Old 07-12-2008, 02:07 PM   #1
Dustytuu
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2975
Need a suggestion in AZ

Need a suggestion of an RV park near Gilbert AZ. Or in Apache Junction. We are over 55 and have two small Schnauzers. Anyone have a suggestion?

We need it for December and January. We usually stay in Fort McDowell area but need to be closer to Gilbert AZ.
Dusty

Dustytuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 02:24 PM   #2
HamRad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15
Dustyuu,

What are you looking for. There are TONS of parks in that area. You can get any thing you are looking for. If going this time of year it is off season so you get great deals! During winter you will have a hard time finding a place and the price is much higher. We've stayed in 3 or 4 different parks in the AJ area.

HamRad
HamRad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 02:31 PM   #3
Dustytuu
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2975
We usually stay at Fort McDowell area but need to be closer to Gilbert AZ.
Need it for mid December until mid January. I hope I can find someplace that isn't filled up yet. My usual "RV park search and find" has changed and having a hard time finding a complete list of parks.
Thanks
Old 07-12-2008, 03:15 PM   #4
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
Dusty
Try www.southpoint.com/databases/azcamp
I printed a list (5 pages) and found some not listed anywhere else. We, also, need to stay in AZ this summer and winter. We are in Show Low in the White Mountains where it is beautiful and cool.
Happy trails........................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 03:23 PM   #5
HamRad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15
Dustytuu,

I've driven a lot in the Gilbert area but never stayed out that direction. I'm sure there has to be something out that direction. I'd sure find some place in Gilbert rather than drive back and forth from AJ. Those miles will add up in a hurry. If you have friends or relatives in that area I'd have them do some on-site searching.

I see that Sue has posted a link for you. I'll bet that will help. And Ed and Sue I'm so happy for you. Enjoying yourselves up there in all that cool! And just think you could be down in Hemet enjoying all that HEAT!

Good luck.

HamRad
HamRad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 03:24 PM   #6
MikeM
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6892
We stay at The Resort which is just north of the junction of 60 and Ellsworth Rd. You might also try Valle del Oro which is right at 60 and Ellsworth. The Resort web site is: http://resortrvpark.com/

As others have noted, there are a lot of places in the Mesa/Apache Junction area and with the higher fuel prices, you might be able to find a spot quite easily.
MikeM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 07:00 PM   #7
Dean A Van Peursem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5583
We stay on LaHacienda RV Resort 5 months a year in Apache Junction, AZ. Right off of 60 and Ironwood. A very nice place but may be hard to get a reservation in because it is usually full. But give it a try. We are in space 51 from November to April.
Dean A Van Peursem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 08:53 PM   #8
Yamaha_Mama
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8057
I am not sure how far AJ is from Mesa. We stayed at Mesa Spirit for about a month last year. Great fun!!! I would go back in a heartbeat. It was a huge park, lots of activities and ammenities. Enjoy.
Yamaha_Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 03:06 AM   #9
exav8tr
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6333
We stayed at Meridian RV Park last year, nice and clean but mostly concrete and blacktop, but they do have lots of activities for seniors. If you choose them, ask for a "Nonrestricted site". Ours was restricted meaning the tel box was where the truck should have been, had to park cockeyed to get the truck off the road. They have an open dog area also. Apache Junction is the next town, one street over, from Mesa. Tons of parks in that area....Reserve now though.....
exav8tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 03:24 AM   #10
Dustytuu
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2975
Thanks all. I will check out each one. I have called several parks and seems no one is full yet.