Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 08-03-2021, 01:25 AM   #1
Sunsets43

M.O.C. #29342
Temperature sensor

Hello all. I own a 2012 3750FL and had to have my AC replaced. It now isn’t working correctly and have the mobile guy coming back out. My question though is where is the sensor for the front living space? I found the bedroom one but can’t find the living room.
Any ideas? My inside reading was 83 and the AC was set to 74. It got cold and loud and I had to turn it off.
Ideas on how to make it run through the ducts better as well? Only really cools the apace when dumped down in the kitchen.
Tia

Sunsets43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2021, 06:14 AM   #2
L0veless
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #19132
Send a message via AIM to L0veless
if you have the curved ceiling then the returns might have collapsed a bit. there should be about 2-3 inches of clearance. we have a 2016 and the same issue. plenty of youtube vids on the fix, basically get 1-1/4 PVC cut them to about 12 inches and place in the return between ceiling and roof to open the return. made a huge difference in our. as for the sensor cant help on that one.
Old 08-03-2021, 06:28 AM   #3
RMcNeal
Montana Master

M.O.C. #25165
In my case, the temp sensor appears to be in the thermostat itself. No remote sensor that I am aware of. I replaced the original Dometic CT thermostats since they were nothing but problems.
If you aren't getting good air flow through the ducts, they may be crushed. GHallof posted a great thread on taking care of this. The basic process involved opening each vent, and pushing the duct back open with your hands. I put in small pieces of 1 1/4" PVC pipe to hold the duct open as much as possible. Position the pipe so that it is inline with the air flow on either edge of the duct. It made a huge difference in the amount of air flowing through our ducts, and they didn't visually appear to be crushed much at all. Since I had the vents off, I also put silver duct tape around each register to make sure and seal the air flow so it doesn't get out into the attic space as well.
Since doing that, I haven't had my rear unit freeze up once. Take a look at this thread for more ideas...
https://www.montanaowners.com/forums...hlight=dometic
RMcNeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2021, 09:46 AM   #4
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
If it has a dump it probably doesn't have the return air duct problem, but make sure that the filter is clean. Our 2010 and our 2013 were ducted but the return air came back to the unit thru the attached filter.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2021, 08:46 PM   #5
MARK A
Montana Master

M.O.C. #18157
The temp sensor in our 3610 zone 1 is behind the 'crown moulding' on the door side.