Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 07-24-2021, 09:28 AM   #21
Todd & Mary
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #28634
Congrats we've got the same unit, some things we found

Cargo door would not latch, lock and try to open.
bedroom stairs not installed correctly, wobbled when stepped on
2nd time the main TV would not turn on
check drain valves, mine were all left open
weather stripping on cargo doors sticks to door when opened, peeling it off the jamb and tearing it on top
dining room slide wouldn't close tight to trailer
rear cap to roof had voids in sealant
fresh water tank drain had no cap on it
main bath door had no magnet catch on the jamb, it wouldn't stay closed
And a few other items I repaired myself
when you do your inspection look closely at all of the rig! you'll find some things, that's normal. Done let it get you down, its all repairable. My first list was 14 items, 2nd is only 5. It gets better with time. keep notes when you use it, seems there is always things you will find.
Hope to meet you on the road sometime.
Good luck

Old 07-27-2021, 02:09 PM   #22
TWP723
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #28111
My wife walked behind the PDI guy and me with her phone recording video of the whole thing. That way I can refer back to it.
B&W Companion hitch
TWP723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2021, 10:59 AM   #23
SouthwestCVO
Established Member

M.O.C. #29271
I picked up my 2021 3120RL last week. My wife and I took about three hours to check just about every square inch of the rig before we signed any paperwork. We found a few issues which were documented on a due bill for when we return for a service appointment.

I suggest checking the bottom of the door for gaps. It can be easily overlooked. Someone clearly tried to close the door with the steps down and not level because it bent the bottom of the door outward. They are replacing the entire door. Also, we failed to notice a tear in the vinal flooring caused by something protruding from underneath the curb side slide. I don't know if they will fix it or not because it wasn't discovered until after we took delivery.

Good luck and take your time!
SouthwestCVO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2021, 11:02 AM   #24
SouthwestCVO
Established Member

M.O.C. #29271
Quote:
Originally Posted by rames14 View Post
Just a couple of other items that I found on mine. The RV fridge has a flapper between the two doors. If you have a residential fridge, it won’t apply, but our flapper wasn’t closing. Check that. Also, if you have legacy package, have them check the brake fittings. I lost my brake fluid and had no trailer brakes.
I had the same issue on mine. We thought the fridge was bad because it wasn't getting cold.
Old 07-29-2021, 11:40 AM   #25
rames14
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1920
The fridge is a quick fix, and I already alerted Sam at Montana of the issue. Counter to what most of us (at least me) would think, the issue is at the bottom of the flapper and not at the top. The fix is to remove the plastic cover on the left side between the freezer and fridge door. Remove three screws, lift door off, place a 5/16” washer on the bottom pin, replace door, replace three screws and snap cover back in place. Added bonus is you can open either door by itself and the flapper will close. An easy check before doing the repair - place toe under the left door and lift up while it closes. If the flapper works properly, you have found your issue. Hope this helps someone.
Ron and Terrie Ames - MOC #1920/KF0NTA
2021Montana 3230CK Super Solar Legacy Package
2021 Ram 3500 Laramie Longhorn, BIM Charging
4x4, SRW, LB, Crew Cab, Pullrite 3900 Hitch
rames14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2021, 12:44 PM   #26
SouthwestCVO
Established Member

M.O.C. #29271
Quote:
Originally Posted by rames14 View Post
The fridge is a quick fix, and I already alerted Sam at Montana of the issue. Counter to what most of us (at least me) would think, the issue is at the bottom of the flapper and not at the top. The fix is to remove the plastic cover on the left side between the freezer and fridge door. Remove three screws, lift door off, place a 5/16” washer on the bottom pin, replace door, replace three screws and snap cover back in place. Added bonus is you can open either door by itself and the flapper will close. An easy check before doing the repair - place toe under the left door and lift up while it closes. If the flapper works properly, you have found your issue. Hope this helps someone.
Easy fix! Thanks for the info!
Old 07-29-2021, 04:50 PM   #27
DebNJim B
Montana Master

M.O.C. #21158
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akuhn View Post
I took your advice and sent them a copy of my PDI request, which I was pretty impressed he send me their PDI form as well. Also got him to throw in the screen guards for the door for making me wait another week. Small request when the wife is upset But even with the delays, this dealer has been very good to me so far. They also offer RV Warranty Forever. Have you guys ever heard of it? It is included at 'no cost' I know the cost is always there somewhere. But if you bring it in for its annual inspection the warranty covers all of the major components of the RV for life. Here is a link to the coverage details:

https://www.alpinhausrv.com/rv-warranty-forever/
We also bought our rig from Alpinhaus and have found them good to work with. The Forever services are a bit of a pain but they have replaced the microwave twice and new cables on the bedroom slide. We are going in next week for this year's annual.

DebNJim B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2021, 08:16 AM   #28
Akuhn
Established Member

M.O.C. #29184
Quote:
Originally Posted by DebNJim B View Post
We also bought our rig from Alpinhaus and have found them good to work with. The Forever services are a bit of a pain but they have replaced the microwave twice and new cables on the bedroom slide. We are going in next week for this year's annual.
We are not far from you, we are in Providence and own some lake on the other side of Sacandaga Lake! We live full time in West Glenville.
Akuhn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2021, 08:24 AM   #29
Akuhn
Established Member

M.O.C. #29184
Thank you everyone for all the help on this! We are officially now owners of a 2021 MHC 376 FL. Everything at the dealer went well, we did find a list of things that need to be fixed but nothing too serious. I have it all in writing and they are going to store the camper for us over the winter and get everything fixed then so we can enjoy the camper the rest of the season.

It was quite the story bringing her home though, pretty much hurricane weather (for upstate NY, I understand its not what you southerners go through!) We had to cut a panel of the fence to get the trailer turned around to get into our place. Our pad was not level enough to 'auto level' but after manually getting it close, auto level worked just fine. Then throwing the necessities into the 5th wheel during the down pour was fun. Once we got settled, I realized many electronics were not working. No fuses were blown or breakers tripped. The main breaker for the power to the camper was tripped. Couldnt reset the breaker, must have gotten water in our power box from all the rain. (First time that happened) All in all, it pulled very nicely and handled very smooth. Now the wife has the fun of putting everything away! Luckily she is a teacher and does not need to go back to work until September.. it should keep her busy Mind you we also have a 3 year old daughter and a 2 month old son to help her with everything She is a saint I swear
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20210729_155824.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	199.2 KB
ID:	9825   Click image for larger version

Name:	20210729_121031.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	215.3 KB
ID:	9826  
Akuhn is offline   Reply With Quote