Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > COVID-19 Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 03-24-2020, 11:39 AM   #61
DebNJim B
Montana Master

M.O.C. #21158
DaveW, Thanks for that update. It helps since we have a lot of our family there.

Our Co. here in GA, Bartow is second with 75 to Fulton which is the Atlanta area. We're in the rural part of the county though and just staying hunkered down.

DebNJim B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 05:33 PM   #62
Jester
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #25910
Well Jim, I too had planned to leave about May 1st., I see you’re in Northville. We are almost neighbors. Just over the mountain in the South Glens Falls is where we call home. You should keep in touch when May gets near. Maybe we could travel together. Either way I’ll need to see how thing are going by then. Be safe,
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 06:03 PM   #63
lightsout
Montana Master

M.O.C. #24938
Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselguy View Post
With the way the US has muffed testing and done things totally backward of countries that have done better on this, I think in the next couple of weeks as far as the number of positives, we're in for "shock and awe."
So did the US really "Muff" the testing or was this something that was so big no one in the world was prepared for? It is often mentioned the success that South Korea had but no one discusses exactly what S Korea really did.

What led to their success was not the testing it was the Tracking that required every citizen to have, meaning it was mandated that every one be required to have a tracking device be it there phone or other device, then the gov tracked every single person, those that tested positive they were closely tracked (when I say Tracked I mean movement and every one they came into contact with, then they were quarantined then everyone they came in contact with was quarantined?

How to you think US citizens would react to the gov required tracking of every one?

Even though S Korea did a lot of testing it still took time for test results. I live with int 5 miles of Corona Patient #1 in the US, here in Washington it is a hot bed, however I think the response has been reasonable considering how extreme this pandemic is.

This is a big country with 360 mil people to control. I hope those that critisize have a better plan that is realistic instead of just complaining. We sure here a lot of complaints in the media but no one doing the complaining with Answers
lightsout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 06:56 PM   #64
Daryles
Montana Master

M.O.C. #24086
There will be a LOT of Monday morning quarterbacking when this is over.
Bottom line, preppers were way ahead of the game.
Daryles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 07:03 PM   #65
lightsout
Montana Master

M.O.C. #24938
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryles View Post
There will be a LOT of Monday morning quarterbacking when this is over.
Bottom line, preppers were way ahead of the game.
You got that right
Old 03-24-2020, 07:16 PM   #66
mlh
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2283
We must do what the DOCTORS and SCIENTIST tell us to do. They are the people who know. They have the experience and training to keep us as safe as possible.
Lynwood
mlh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 05:52 AM   #67
Dave W
Montana Master

M.O.C. #14547
There will be "learned" books written for years about shoulda, coulda, woulda and all they will be is someones opinion with lots of facts, of which some will be correct, some almost right and lots just dead wrong and the authors conjecture.

WE, as a country and yes, the world, need to get through this situation individually. If your political reps in the vast swamp lands of your state's capital or Washington are or worse, aren't doing the right thing, write, call and remember them on election day, one way or another. They are the people that are the final decision makers of the total, but you are of your own.
2019 F150SC XLT SE Sport,w/full tow package
Dave W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 06:40 AM   #68
suny07
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #21337
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave W View Post
Jim - if it makes you feel better, Fulton County has reported a single case of corona virus while my Saratoga County has 53 : https://coronavirus.health.ny.gov/co...positive-cases
Hi,

don't be fooled by official numbers. Still no tests in GA and Atlanta for public. No one knows what is going on here.

They seem to shut down GA county by county.

Most Parks are shutdown. Cobb County has ordered to shelter starting today till April 15.

But they look pretty good prepared. Much better than this president.
Obviously Atlanta Officials listen to Atlanta based CDC

Mike

https://cobb-county-covid-19-hub-cob...hub.arcgis.com

Montana 3123RL Legacy 'Boon-docking Edition'
RAM 3500 Mega Cab Cummins Diesel DRW
suny07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 06:49 AM   #69
DebNJim B
Montana Master

M.O.C. #21158
[QUOTE=Jester;1177924]Well Jim, I too had planned to leave about May 1st., I see you’re in Northville. We are almost neighbors. Just over the mountain in the South Glens Falls is where we call home. You should keep in touch when May gets near. Maybe we could travel together. Either way I’ll need to see how thing are going by then. Be safe,[/QUOTE

Yup, Adirondack neighbors. I saw that you are in FL. We stayed in Northport for Feb. I gets cold in NW GA in mid winter. Hoping the top of the Corona-curve comes in Apr so we can travel. They are looking at getting business started up again around Easter. Very optimistic but they need to start making a target. If they keep the whole country shut down for much longer there will be nothing to go back to. We will still remain sheltered till it's time to leave. We're at a private site so no CG to deal with and if necessary we can leave the rig here longer and either stay or just drive home.

Old 03-25-2020, 06:58 AM   #70
DebNJim B
Montana Master

M.O.C. #21158
Quote:
Originally Posted by suny07 View Post
Hi,

don't be fooled by official numbers. Still no tests in GA and Atlanta for public. No one knows what is going on here.

They seem to shut down GA county by county.

Most Parks are shutdown. Cobb County has ordered to shelter starting today till April 15.

But they look pretty good prepared. Much better than this president.
Obviously Atlanta Officials listen to Atlanta based CDC

Mike

https://cobb-county-covid-19-hub-cob...hub.arcgis.com
Dave was referring to Fulton Co. in NY where I live.
Curiously we are staying in Bartow Co. in GA, just north of you. Yesterday our number was 75. Fulton Co. GA was at 184. haven't looked today.Our home in NY is 3 hours north of NYC much more rural and about half the population of Bartow. Funny how that works out. We come here because our daughter lives here.

Old 03-25-2020, 07:12 AM   #71
suny07
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #21337
Quote:
Originally Posted by DebNJim B View Post
Dave was referring to Fulton Co. in NY where I live.
Curiously we are staying in Bartow Co. in GA, just north of you. Yesterday our number was 75. Fulton Co. GA was at 184. haven't looked today.Our home in NY is 3 hours north of NYC much more rural and about half the population of Bartow. Funny how that works out. We come here because our daughter lives here.
haha - too focused on filtering local news obviously.

Stay safe up there. Red Top Mountain Statepark seems still to be open.

Montana 3123RL Legacy 'Boon-docking Edition'
RAM 3500 Mega Cab Cummins Diesel DRW
suny07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 08:09 AM   #72
BiggarView
Montana Master

M.O.C. #19382
Send a message via AIM to BiggarView
The number of cases is meaningless. It's here and it is spreading faster than the number of confirmed cases can be detected. The only numbers that matter are the death toll, and total population of the area you are in. Take the local population number and divide by 100.... that is likely to be the number of local deaths. That's assuming nothing changes in our efforts to get this under control. If we go to a total lock down now, today, this instant for at least 30 days... divide the local population by 500... that would be an optimistic guess. But it is based on math and the history of this virus so far. Even in China where it was first detected they are starting to lift local lockdowns and voila the number of cases is starting to rise again. They say it is coming from returning people from other countries but all that means is they are reintroducing the virus into the local populations that falsely believe they have come out the other side of this tunnel intact. Those still not infected in China are now contracting it and spreading it. Give it a week or so and the story will much different there... worse.

Denial is not going to make this go away. Seasonal climate won't change this either, only a vaccine or a lack of inhabitable hosts will stop this. The bug starts getting attacked as soon as it enters your body. After upto about 30 days either it dies at the hand of your immune system or the host dies (1% to nearly 10% of the time depending on many factors but the average appears to be around 1-3 percent) unless it was given new life by exposing and infecting another available host. The virus is thriving in Australia (summer time there until just a few days ago). Isolation works. Yes it will be painful but the fatalistic argument that we all die or any variation that minimizes what the impact of this will be... does not mean we have to die today or next week or in a month or two... the latter is the time frame we need to be looking at. We can do a month or so standing on our heads figuratively speaking. This talk of Easter as a restart date is dangerous. You know it is, stop pretending. Buckle up and hunker down. 1% of the USA population is 3.4 million people. Get used to the idea that somebody you know personally is going to die from this, possibly needlessly, unless extraordinary measures are taken immediately. IS that real enough for you?

2017 RAM 3500 Laramie CCLB Dually CTD Aisin, OEM auto level rear air-ride, B&W hitch
2020 3813MS Legacy Cobalt FBP, MORryde 8K IS & pinbox, PI EMS,DIY mods by in-house "craftsman", RV security system Mk1 Beagle Alerter
BiggarView is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 08:38 AM   #73
Dixie Flyer
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #19905
Quote:
Originally Posted by RKassl View Post
Has the Corona virus thing caused anyone to change their Spring and Summer plans for this year? We are still good to go on or Spring and Summer outings. This year again we will be moving the Montana to a small isolated town in Northern Wisconsin. Not many people around, right on a nice river with lots of wild life and serenity.

Our governor in Wisconsin a couple of days ago closed all the K-12 schools, and this morning the Minnesota governor did the same thing. These are big decisions, affecting lots of young working families, but I really think it is the right thing to do fight this new enemy. Its going to be an interesting 2020 for sure!

WE really didn't have any plans as we are about to sell our camper and truck. It's time for us to hang it up. I have been in and out of the hospital since last April and still not fully well. At 79 years old I am blind in my left eye and just had surgery on my Right eye. Still not seeing as well as I would like. But God has a plan for us and we believe He is in control so taking the signs we have been given we will close up shop with he camper and truck. The truck is almost brand new so it's hard to justify getting rid of it, but it just makes sense right now to do that. Maybe SOMEONE IS INTERESTED IN A GOOD BUY ON A Montana 36LLrl AND A 2016 f250 diesel. SEnd me a PM if you are interested.
Dixie Flyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 09:02 AM   #74
klewis6787
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #23375
Hang in there God is in control and He is the only one that knows what is coming. Yes we do need to do our part but don't lose hope but Trust in God.
klewis6787 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 04:30 PM   #75
RKassl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3699
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montana Man View Post
It just seems that there is a lack of inconsiderate people out. Perhaps it could be a sense of camaraderie as we are all focused on the virus. Whatever the case, it would be nice if folks acted better all the time. If you find the word jerk offensive, well I just don't know what to say about that.

If the state or federal government says not to do any unnecessary traveling to help with the Pandemic, I sure wouldn't call the folks that stay home jerks, so that you can have the run of the parks. Guess who the real jerk is.
RKassl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 04:46 PM   #76
Montana Man
Montana Master

M.O.C. #21963
Quote:
If the state or federal government says not to do any unnecessary traveling to help with the Pandemic, I sure wouldn't call the folks that stay home jerks, so that you can have the run of the parks. Guess who the real jerk is.
Just for clarification, I am not calling people that stay home, jerks. I commented a few times on this thread and explained clearly my observations about those that are out (and not out) enjoying being out and yet doing their part to prevent the spread.
Old 03-25-2020, 05:20 PM   #77
McRod
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #18363
Quote:
Full time RVrs have little options but to hang out in the parks (that are open). The RV is the "Shelter in place". Which place, is determined by what's available. There is no law forbidding travel within the US by the Federal government.

Many RV owners have a S&B home, but there is a large portion of the RV community that live in their RV on the road everyday of the year. When places to park your RV become limited, more travel should be expected. Many Federal laws prohibit staying on public lands more than 14 days. Many state and county laws prohibit "living" in your RV for any length of time. Travelling can be done responsibly without impacting people's safety.
McRod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 05:50 PM   #78
RKassl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3699
Quote:
Originally Posted by McRod View Post
Full time RVrs have little options but to hang out in the parks (that are open). The RV is the "Shelter in place". Which place, is determined by what's available. There is no law forbidding travel within the US by the Federal government.

Many RV owners have a S&B home, but there is a large portion of the RV community that live in their RV on the road everyday of the year. When places to park your RV become limited, more travel should be expected. Many Federal laws prohibit staying on public lands more than 14 days. Many state and county laws prohibit "living" in your RV for any length of time. Travelling can be done responsibly without impacting people's safety.

Who ever thought this situation would ever happen, anyway it has. The State of Wisconsin has banned all unnecessary travel in the state for the next month. Even some of the counties are telling people who may have cabins or recreational land not to enter their counties from outside the area. If they do they must self quarantine for 14 days. I hope this gets better.
RKassl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 08:36 PM   #79
lightsout
Montana Master

M.O.C. #24938
WE belong to a Private Campground on Lake Chelan in Eastern Washington with only 38 spaces that are large enough for two RV's and all have hedges separating them so you do not even see your next door camper, yet They have been ordered to stay closed (they have not opened for the season yet) till further notice. It is now getting extreme, while there is a Camp Host they are only there to oversee the campground, because it is private Check-in is just fill out a form and drop in a box then we chose our spot, there is no personal contact, we pay an annual fee so there is no transactions and no interactions with host.

What really is moronic is the State has closed all the state campgrounds yet they have waived all the daily fees for Day use and are advertising for folks who want to get out to visit the parks, go figure. So you cannot camp there but you can spend the day there. Where is that logic.
Old 03-25-2020, 11:15 PM   #80
McRod
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #18363
There is no logic. They cram homes closer than 5 feet in inner cities, but RV parks where spaces may be 20-50 feet are not acceptable. I can understand closing community areas within a park, like bathrooms, swimming pools, gathering halls, etc. Because it requires maintenance/cleaning. But self contained RVs should pretty much be allowed to go anywhere they want.
McRod is offline   Reply With Quote