Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > COVID-19 Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 09-05-2020, 08:36 PM   #1
BB_TX
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6433
Neighbor with covid

Our across the street neighbor called today to say her 14 yr old son tested positive for covid. Her mother and a friend came to visit last week. Found out the friend tested positive 2 days later. Found out Friday that her mother is positive. She quickly went and picked up her son at school and both got tested. Her son is positive and she is negative, at least for now. And they have to quarantine at home. But her son has already exposed his classmates. Don’t know what the school plan is. Her husband has been out of town on a business trip. She didn’t say what his plan is. Hopefully there will be no significant health issues. But a major family interruption regardless. And likely on the exposed classmates.

Y’all be careful out there. Not even safe around your own mother!

BB_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2020, 07:30 AM   #2
DutchmenSport
Montana Master

M.O.C. #22835
Well, no danger from my mother. We maintain the 6 foot rule. Kind of have to.

She's 6 foot "under" 2 years ago, lived to be 95 years old, so (really), no sorrow there.

However, when the grapefruit was tested for Covid and it came up positive, I quit eating grapefruit! (really).

Do you know Jesus never called anyone "stupid" in the Bible. He did say some people were "wise" and some people were not "wise". So, I've kind of followed that concept all my life and never called anyone "right" or "wrong" or "stupid" or "smart". I do consider a person's actions and then ask the question, "Was that a wise choice?" The response is always good. By "their" own admission, "they will say ... Yes or NO."

So with all this rambling about things I know nothing about, all I can say is, during this entire Covid experience... use good wisdom in everything you do. You cannot change the world. Good Lord knows, I've tried. And what I learned from my experiences is, most folks don't want to change anything. So, the effort have been every since, to use the best wisdom in the situation I may find myself. I can't control the actions of others, but I can control my own.

So, use wisdom folks during these strange times we live in, instead of emotion. And just like Army food and to quote the Bible: "This too shall pass!"
DutchmenSport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2020, 08:21 AM   #3
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
Between the regular flu and this stuff and the posibility of getting both at the same time, this winter won't be any fun.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2020, 08:49 AM   #4
Daryles
Montana Master

M.O.C. #24086
If they have a TT the dad who has not been exposed (yet), can isolate himself in it.
Mom and son will need to mask up 24 x 7 and hope for the best.
Hope it all works out for them.
Daryles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2020, 06:24 PM   #5
mlh
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2283
One of our neighbors just came down with it. He went to our little college, several thousand students, to see his son. And that is the problem here there are several colleges close. They spread it to a popular restaurant where the students and locals go 4 people came down with the virus.
We are close to two larger colleges Radford with 10,000 students and Virginia Tech 25,000 plus students. The country of Radford had 175 cases one day last week. We aren’t but about 30 miles from both of these. What are you going to do with kids?
Be careful out there. There is expected to be 400,000 deaths by the first of the year. Getting this virus wouldn’t make a very good Christmas.
Lynwood
mlh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2020, 06:31 PM   #6
Ram Montana High Country
Montana Master

M.O.C. #19944
Only hang out with "O+" folks, least likely to get it
Ram Montana High Country is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2020, 08:21 PM   #7
Montana Man
Montana Master

M.O.C. #21963
Nobody wants this virus, nor a flu for that matter. One good thing is that very few died from Corona virus alone. The vast majority had existing conditions which in combination brought demise. So if one has existing conditions, they should take particular precautions. Much like they should during flu season anyway. At least now others are masking up and distancing. We have the benefit of owning rv's and can break the monotony of isolation by getting out while maintaining precautions.
Old 09-07-2020, 04:47 AM   #8
suny07
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #21337
Hi,

unfortunately most of us did not study medicine or do research on those topics.
We learned a lot on the medicine and especially pharma industry how to us us folks as money train.
Phrase needs to make profit and does not need healthy people.

Check out this book of first class research. It will help you with your fear.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/14...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Mike.

Montana 3123RL Legacy 'Boon-docking Edition'
RAM 3500 Mega Cab Cummins Diesel DRW
suny07 is offline   Reply With Quote