Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 02-29-2020, 07:12 AM   #1
morrdoll

M.O.C. #23751
Rip in the linoleum floor

I have a 2019 3120RL. I noticed in front of the Fridge there is a tear in the linoleum floor. Looks like there must have been a rock or something under the slide when I closed it for the winter. Is there an easy fix or does the entire floor need replaced. It measures roughly 1/2" wide by 1" long. The wife and I just took an early Retirement and getting ready to hit the road full time.

morrdoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2020, 11:24 AM   #2
lightsout
Montana Master

M.O.C. #24938
The Vinyl flooring is only glued around the perimeter so patching is not an option and the middle of the floor is just floating with no adhesive. If yours is glued at the point of tear you could go into one of your cabinets and cut out a piece to patch with. Just lay the patch on top make sure the pattern is matched using a shark knife cut through the patch and the existing flooring and then glue the patch in place. You may see a slight seem but it is better than the tear.

other wise a throw rug seem in order...

We just sold our 2017 Fleetwood Bounder Class A, Fleetwood used heavy duty 1'x2' vinyl Tiles that were glued, they even gave us extras in case we needed to replace one, that was such a smart idea from Fleetwood. Too bad Keystone is more concerned about cutting corners that considering long term maintenance.
lightsout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2020, 11:54 AM   #3
morrdoll

M.O.C. #23751
Thanks. The throw rug would be easiest but I'm worried about moisture soaking into the plywood. I like the patch idea better. I'll give that a try.

I agree on the cutting corners. The market is so high for RVs these days manufacturers are not thinking long term. They know you'll probably trade up in 5 years.
morrdoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2020, 09:09 PM   #4
Raven17
Established Member

M.O.C. #24494
We have a 2020 3761RL. While we were in for other work the tech opened our slide and it tore the floor in front of refrigerator while we were watching.. We have filed a claim with Keystone to adjust that slide and the bedroom slide and replace floor in both rooms. Will let you know how it goes.
Raven17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2020, 08:56 AM   #5
katp2

M.O.C. #24362
I have a 2019 3121 RL, I had a claim approved by Keystone for a tear in front of my residential fridge, when I went under the slide I saw that there were several staples sticking out and that’s what caused the tear, I remove the staples but I am waiting to get the floor replaced. My wife is a travel nurse so we move every 13 weeks making this a little more difficult to get it fixed at one place but while trying in Las Vegas the wrong flooring was shipped so we will try again at our next destinations.
katp2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2020, 02:01 PM   #6
jimandlaurie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12948
Send a message via AIM to jimandlaurie Send a message via MSN to jimandlaurie Send a message via Yahoo to jimandlaurie
We had a tear in our 2013 Monty and fixed it with a good adhesive. but that being said there are some good ideas by the previous posters.
jimandlaurie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2020, 03:53 PM   #7
Montana Man
Montana Master

M.O.C. #21963
Staples ripped our floor as well. Ours is a 2016 made in 2015. I guess Keystone still thinks using staples on a slide is a good idea. We had to resort to laying a 2X3 lexan sheet on the floor so scraping doesn't rip the flooring any more.
Old 03-17-2020, 05:07 AM   #8
RMcNeal
Montana Master

M.O.C. #25165
If you do patch, be sure to use appropriate glue. Super glue, and others will damage the linoleum. Also after glue is set, use seam sealer around the patch to prevent sand and dirt from collecting there.
RMcNeal is offline   Reply With Quote