Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 12-03-2019, 12:06 PM   #1
Al D.
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #22417
Furnance Running Smoother

I have a 2018 345RL HC. I have had it a little over a year now. We had been using the furnace and it has been doing well. During the night it switched propane tanks and now it seems like it is burning smoother. It finished a tank that the dealer filled and now I am on one I had filled at a distributor.
Has anyone else noticed different performance in furnace with different tanks of propane?

Al D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 12:15 PM   #2
jcurtis934
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13740
Have not, but we fulltime and only in cooler weather in mid October in northern Georgia do we maybe run furnace and not again until cooler weather in sw florida during winter months. This is also only place we fill tanks due to only ocassional furnace use.
Old 12-03-2019, 03:55 PM   #3
Twopetes
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #17535
A couple thoughts come to mind. First do you have LP tanks on each side? You may have regulator variation or the connections from one tank may be kinked which could reduce the gas flow. A 2nd thought and a little less likely, but LP from different areas have different heating values per cubic foot of gas. I would check the connections first. Good luck and be careful, gas is not something to mess with!
Retired and Lovin’ it!
Twopetes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2019, 05:07 AM   #4
jeffba
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20753
does the second tank have air bags installed? Sorry too easy

There used to be a summer and winter blend of propane. winter blend would maintain pressure in cooler weather. Not sure that is still a thing.
2018 Ford F-350 Lariat CCLB PSD DRW KJ5CQH
jeffba is offline   Reply With Quote