Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 05-01-2018, 06:21 PM   #1
joe direnzi
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #20983
jensen receiver

Hi all.Just finished our third week in campground.Loving our montana more each day.Knock wood everything working great.Trying to take care of all small problems by myself.Hate to have to go back to Camping World.Question about radio receiver{please}We have a 3721rl 2018 with a Jensen receiver.We get zero channels on fm and am.No access to back of radio.Does the whole receiver have to come out to access antenna input?It looks like maybe sides come off face plate .Don't want to break anything .Thank you

joe direnzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 07:09 PM   #2
Mikendebbie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #21044
QC for the radio

If they were taking suggestions for quality control - I would suggest how about trying to tune in WLS on the AM dial and then tune in a local FM station to verify it works. I think they plug in the wires and button it up with no QC testing.

Millennials might be married to their iPhones but I still listen to AM talk radio thruoghout the day...impossible to do in my Montana.
Aussie Gus + Texas Heeler Jimmy
Mikendebbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 08:32 PM   #3
Dusters
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #19305
The two side plates come off exposing the two wood screws holding the unit in place. They can be difficult to pry off. My AM has never worked in two years, but the antenna ribbon is rolled up in the back, just stretch it out on the shelf. I use a little portable Radio with short wave, FM, AM and it has the crank charger on it, if needed in a disaster. Once back there, everything can be unplugged for speakers, power wires, HDMI etc. I added a Blue Ray DVD player for $60, direct to the TV so I didn't need to fiddle with the Jensen's standard DVD.
Old 05-01-2018, 08:34 PM   #4
larry-n-steph
Established Member

M.O.C. #20410
It sounds lime the antennae detached from the back of the receiver. Remove the four screws holding the unit and check the back to make sure.
larry-n-steph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 04:37 AM   #5
Dave W
Montana Master

M.O.C. #14547
Once you 'pop' the outer fascia of, you pull the screws (4 on our Jensen0 and it slides out. Once it's out, the the speaker, power and antenna connctions are accessible. As others, including us have found, the antenna may quite possibly rolled in a coil. Straighten it out and then you may get FM. AM is iffy in any case. The Jensen and Amazon sites both have many 5 star reviews but I have yet to talk to anyone that would give those stereo systems more then a 2 or 3.
2019 F150SC XLT SE Sport,w/full tow package
Dave W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 05:37 PM   #6
team bradfield
Montana Master

M.O.C. #19994
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikendebbie View Post
If they were taking suggestions for quality control - I would suggest how about trying to tune in WLS on the AM dial and then tune in a local FM station to verify it works. I think they plug in the wires and button it up with no QC testing.

Millennials might be married to their iPhones but I still listen to AM talk radio thruoghout the day...impossible to do in my Montana.
Wow, WLS (worlds largest store) AM. when i was in high school larry lujack and john "records" lyndecker played all the hits from the Sears Tower in Chicago. Turned to talk radio back in the mid 80's when FM finally took over the airwaves, sorry, memory lane

The "Black Pearl"-2017 3731FL Legacy Package
2017 F-450 Platinum, 6.7 PSD
team bradfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 07:00 PM   #7
joe direnzi
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #20983
Thanks to all.Removed receiver ,found antenna wire coiled and wire tied.Also there was sticky tatape on wire that was never removed and wire stretched out. We now get fm channels.No am but some better than none. Thanks to all again
Old 05-03-2018, 06:25 PM   #8
joe direnzi
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #20983
By the way, six holes on face plate only two screws installed.
Old 05-03-2018, 06:52 PM   #9
Mikendebbie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #21044
I listened to WLS at night in East TX on my little transistor radio under my pillow so mom would not hear it.
Aussie Gus + Texas Heeler Jimmy
Mikendebbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2018, 05:07 AM   #10
Dave W
Montana Master

M.O.C. #14547
As a wee tad, in Michigan and Illinois, we used to listen to WLS, The Prairie Farmer Station. Or if listening to the Cubs get whalloped, WBBM. Once we moved East, iy was GEs WGY.

OP, happy to see that you at least have some FM. If I get into ours today, I may to try my new setup to hook the radio to the TV antenna and maybe pick up a few AM stations
2019 F150SC XLT SE Sport,w/full tow package
Dave W is offline   Reply With Quote