Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 02-22-2018, 05:30 PM   #1
loadmaster
Established Member

M.O.C. #20581
Montana Model 3582RL Information

Hey all, I'm throwing this out for some help. I'm trying to find out all the information about my camper as possible. I call and talked to the service department and boy what help, you have to bring the camper in for them to see the problem or bad part before someone can order something. Their also don't have any information about the camper in the computer, I have found somethings myself, but I'm looking for any information about the holding tanks and there placement under the camper, the hydraulic system because I have the Auto Level system on my camper so far it works great. I'm just the person that will work on my camper and try and fix a problem before it gets to big. I love the camper and can not wait for the weather to break so my wife and I can get out camping again. This is our first Montana and I really like it, the last one was a Peterson Excel camper and boy the problems. Now that the company is out of business it would be hard to fix the problems, yes I know that a lot of the items in a camper are used in all camper that make it easy to find somethings.
What get me is how a manufacturer can built something and not have a set of blueprints for it, that just amazes me to no end. I could see me now going out here and building a house with out a set of blueprint the bank would just look at me and say get a set of blueprint and can back and see us. Will I know I'm new this form but just like anything else I know someone has the information or when I can get the information. As I tell my wife, we have our retirement home on wheels and in the next two years we are going to start traveling.
Will thanks for letting me talk and any help would be appreciated.
Loadmaster11

loadmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 07:52 PM   #2
AZ Traveler
Site Team

M.O.C. #20477
Loadmaster, Welcome to the forum. You may find some of what you are looking for at http://www.montanaowners.com/forums/downloads.php . Otherwise recommend using the search function for specific issues or ask a specific question. Lippert tech support has a history of being helpful with your level up questions. You are right - it a shame more info is not available from Montana.

"Life is too short to stay indoors, enjoy the ride!"
AZ Traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 08:20 PM   #3
BuilderBob
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20475
Welcome to the MOC family from Washington St this is a great place to find out and ask question about your rig i'm sure some with the same one will chime in or you can ask specific questions and we can all help you.

Bob & Carol
Washington St
2017 352RL 2008 Dodge 3500 DRW CC LB 4x4 6.7L
BuilderBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 04:13 AM   #4
loadmaster
Established Member

M.O.C. #20581
Thanks AZ Travler, I know that if I keep digging I will eventually come across the answers. I know this form is a great help also. It's just going to take me a little bit to sit down and go thru everything.
So thanks and happy camping.
Jim & Brenda
Martinsburg, WV
Old 02-23-2018, 04:24 AM   #5
loadmaster
Established Member

M.O.C. #20581
Thanks Bob, I know I'm going to like this form, this is my wife and I fourth camper, we have always looks at Montana but could not afford a new one. We have been looking for years and this deal came up and we could not pass it by. I feel the Montana is a nice built coach, it taken three days to come to and agreement with Camping World but we both were happy with the out come. I know that with a little time I'll find the information that I'm looking for, or when I work on my camper I'll post video of the work.
Will thanks and happy camping.
Jim & Brenda Blackford
Martinsburg WV
2013Ford F-350/2013Montana 3582rl
Old 02-23-2018, 08:25 AM   #6
BB_TX
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6433
I am sure Keystone has drawings (blueprints) for every model they build. But few companies provide their customers with copies of their proprietary drawings whether it is your automobile or your TV or any other product. But even those drawings probably leave a lot of leeway to the assembly techs to assemble and wire things in the fastest way they can. A fact of life, but it presents a challenge for the do-it-yourselfer.

But with the huge resource of long time Montana owners here you should be able to get help with most everything that comes up.

Enjoy that new rig.
BB_TX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 09:29 AM   #7
waynemoore
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10552
Welcome from Arizona. You have found the best forum for Montana's there is. I own a 2015 3582RL and know it pretty well. The black and bath tanks are directly under the connivence center. Bath tank first then black tank going across the rig. So bath on the street side and black on the curb side. Both have 3" valves both connected by a single U shaped pipe with the drain pipe exiting from the center of the U. I hope you can visualize this? I wrote it and I am not sure I can. Do not let anyone cut into the material covering the bottom of the rig. There are lots of wiring and hydraulic hoses lying on it. Tech did that to mine and cut the hydraulic hose to my road side mid and rear rams, a $1,100.00 dollar fix

I have done lots of work insulating between the basement and the belly of the rig. Plus all the outside walls inside the cabinets. Added water filter and a water softener because of the very hard water here on the west cost.

Almost all of what I know has come from the GREAT people on this forum.

But to be fair they have cost me lots of work and money because of all the upgrades they show on here..

Feel free to ask any question and for sure someone will know how to fix it or how to get it fixed.

But first check the tires and read the strings re tires.

Ok have a great time with your new rig.

Wayne
waynemoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2018, 05:41 AM   #8
loadmaster
Established Member

M.O.C. #20581
Bill: Thanks for the reply, I have talked to my local Keystone dealer and the parts department told me, that they don't have any blueprints for the camper's, most of the time you have to bring the camper in so they can figure out just what is wrong. Well I'm the type so person that can figure out things, having to take to the camper to the dealer and then have it sit there for weeks at a time, just doesn't fly with me. I went to Camping World to have a hydraulic motor put on and the wrong was ordered so I told them that I would leave it there and when the part came in someone could install it. I was told that is would cost me $30.00 a day for storage and I said I would take it home first before I pay that kind of price, even those it was Camping World mistake on ordering the part.
Now if you know of a dealer the would have access to blueprints please pass it along, and I will call them and talk to them. I'm just like everyone else out here looking for information. I did find a website call http://trekwood.com that has parts, but I hope you have deep pockets because of the prices are a little steep. I can find somethings around here at my local RV repair shops, and trust me I have even talked to them.
Will with that said I'm going to get out of here and start looking around the world wide web for information. So happy trails and thanks

Jim and Brenda Blackford
Martinsburg WV
2013 Ford F-350/2013 Montana 3582RL
Old 02-24-2018, 05:43 AM   #9
loadmaster
Established Member

M.O.C. #20581
Ok people how can I get my profile picture to rotate around, I have look at my profile and it is correct but on a thread it is sideways.
Old 02-24-2018, 06:39 AM   #10
jeffba
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20753
Quote:
Originally Posted by loadmaster View Post
Ok people how can I get my profile picture to rotate around, I have look at my profile and it is correct but on a thread it is sideways.
with so mnay pix being posted as rotated, I have my monitor mounted on a swivel.
2018 Ford F-350 Lariat CCLB PSD DRW KJ5CQH
jeffba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2018, 07:12 PM   #11
Carl n Susan
Site Team

M.O.C. #4831
Quote:
Originally Posted by loadmaster View Post
*IF* you are using Windows to store your picture (not a phone, tablet or Apple device), most viewers lie to you about orientation. The only one I have found to be accurate is the Windows Explorer view (icon) of the directory. If the display shows a rotated image, then it is rotated. Here is a picture of the Windows Explorer view of "My Pictures" directory.
Click image for larger version

Name:	MOC - Rotated Pics.JPG
Views:	49
Size:	40.2 KB
ID:	1288
Notice the two pictures of the number 1. One is rotated 90 degrees and the other in rotated 180 degrees. What I do to correct this is to Right Click on the file, find the "Open With" option and select Paint. Paint allows you to rotate the picture and then save it in its new orientation. Then upload the picture to the MOC and you will be good to go.

There may be other alternatives but I have tried most of them and I have found this to be the best method. YMMV

Carl n Susan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2018, 06:11 AM   #12
jeffba
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20753
What i have just learned from posting a pic from my iPhone is if you are holding it upright (as if you were talking or portrait mode) the pic will be rotated 90 degrees.

Here is a pic That I took during a monthly water quality sampling. I hold my iPhone on its side (landscape with volume buttons on the bottom left). without doing any adjusting this is how it looks when posting.

Yeah I know I should have taken one of my camper an posted but it is raining and dark out and I am a wimp.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3975[1].jpg
Views:	33
Size:	312.2 KB
ID:	1289  
2018 Ford F-350 Lariat CCLB PSD DRW KJ5CQH
jeffba is offline   Reply With Quote