Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 08-31-2016, 06:01 AM   #21
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Update..The gray tank was ordered 8-22, shipped 8-25 and arrived at the dealer 8-30.I guess our dealer knows how to do a expedited order . The black and gray pull cables are also at the dealer. So 9 days from parts ordered to parts at dealer. Our extended warranty will cover the tank replacement for sure no problems. We hade some other things done that are on us.

We visited the dealer today and advised we are in no hurry to get the Montana back as our next scheduled trip is Sept 13th and there is serious road construction on the primary street to our neighborhood and right now we can not get to our street just not enough room so they are storing the Montana for us till the road is clear enough for us to get it home.

Got a real good look at the New Montana that went all the way under a bridge that was a couple of inches to low.The tech working on it said the interior walls were not damaged or it would have been totaled 19 of the roof struts were destroyed as well as the everything on the roof.There was also fiberglass damage to the rear of the Montana as it looks like it was run into from the rear all the rear lights are gone and the right rear fiberglass is shattered..28K plus to repair. They had the roof stripped off and the new struts were in the shop.

richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 07:35 AM   #22
waynemoore
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10552
I am here to tell you that bridge was a LOTT lower than a few inches. I ran my 3582RL under a low bridge in NY. I estimate the bridge at about 12'8" and my rig is 13'3" or so. It(the bridge)took off the top 4" of the front AC and the sat dome. Plus 2 of the plastic vent covers were broken. I am not sure the AC cover got them or the bridge did? That's all the damage I had $2,400.00 I did have them install a Traveler sat dish instead of the G2 I had on before. so the increased the bill to $3,800.00

Went to Tiara in Elkhart,IN. and they got me in the next day. In by 7:30 AM out by 4:30 PM. Great people to work with.
Add 40 GAL tank in bed.
waynemoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 08:22 AM   #23
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
You are no doubt correct everything on the roof was sheared off. The roof struts on the high part of the Rv were broke in two and the rest were badly bent. My guess was based on the interior walls were not damaged. I wonder how fast he was going to drive all the way through the bridge. A lot of the roof was rolled up so it must have been a really low bridge.
Old 08-31-2016, 11:44 AM   #24
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by richfaa

You are no doubt correct everything on the roof was sheared off. The roof struts on the high part of the Rv were broke in two and the rest were badly bent. My guess was based on the interior walls were not damaged. I wonder how fast he was going to drive all the way through the bridge. A lot of the roof was rolled up so it must have been a really low bridge.
I was to the dealer again this afternoon to get my Sat Meter out of the Montana. You are correct it was a really low bridge it is torn off right down to the upper interior wall another 1/4 inch would have damaged the walls which might not have been all that bad as it then would have ben totaled. The left rear corner of the RV is torn and all the lower lights are gone so he was also hit in the rear.

They are confident that it will be better than new when repaired. The tech commented on the rats nest of wiring up there and it would have to be redone. I wonder if impact moved the body off the frame.???
Old 09-02-2016, 02:57 AM   #25
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
The Montana is ready to go however it is stored at the dealer (free) till the Construction on the road in our area is completed enough for us to get to our street. It is a pain as it seems everything we need is in the Rv good thing it is only a few Minutes away.Our next trip is Sept 15th and the Montana will be in our driveway before that one way or another.

It was 9 days from ordering the tank till it was delivered at the dealer. The order was expedited and it worked. This dealer installed our last failed tank and the time order to delivery was about the same.

We have never had a dealer or Keystone problem in ordering or repairing the many things that have failed on our two Montana's. That they failed is another story.

There are good dealers out there and one can have a positive Keystone experience.
Old 09-02-2016, 05:38 AM   #26
jameswbarton
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #18658
Rich,
again you are very lucky. My HC 375 FL has been sitting for 2 parts that were ordered expedited approved by Owner relations on 8/10 or 23 days ago. So I guess it depends on the part. I think I could have ordered both parts from the vendors and had them here in n more than 7 days. The Dealer has little control over how long it takes for Keystone to supply parts.

I am waiting on my first positive Keystone Experience.
jameswbarton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 07:44 AM   #27
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
From om our experience with the part ordering experience Keystone does not supply parts. We have actually watched the process at Keystone.

The process is dealer orders parts..Keystone receives the order. Keystone sends the invoice to vendor, vendor fills the order and sends it to keystone.. Keystone sends it to the dealer. In rare cases you may get the part directly from the vendor. The delay is usually with the vendor. In most cases the vendor will not take a order directly from the customer but only from a dealer generated invoice.
Old 09-02-2016, 08:55 AM   #28
jameswbarton
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #18658
I am pretty sure the window company and the window shade company would take my order as they supply to lots of mfrs.. The process you described will take about 4 weeks according to my current dealer even if it is expedited to level 2. It is amazing you got a tank that fast they must have stocked it at keystone.

It is beginning to seem if you have too many issues you will take 6 months to get them all fixed. I am beginning to forget what it looks like after being in the shop over a month this time.
Old 09-07-2016, 05:00 AM   #29
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
we got a tank that fast twice. Keystone does not stock parts other than what they use day to day at the service center.

We have not yet been able to order a part directly from a vendor .The standard reply is ... We only provide parts via the dealer.

We may be able to get the Montana home this week the road construction may be by our street and we will be able to make the turn.

My local dealer is a small dealer and perhaps they can get orders quicker.
Old 09-07-2016, 06:12 AM   #30
jameswbarton
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #18658
I guess there is a big demand on 1 window and 1 window shade. 5 weeks and counting. I could have told them to forget it but they still have not fixed the two cables blocking the living room slide seals waiting on the window parts to optimize their labor? General RV is a huge Dealer which refused to fix what they sold. It is in a small Dealer who is good but obviously is too small to get priority from Keystone. They also sell Forest River and state both Thor and Forest are bad for warranty.

The third dealer in the are offered to fix it quickly if I paid for his labor stating Keystone would not pay.
Old 09-07-2016, 07:39 AM   #31
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Both of our dealers are smaller family owned dealerships that have no problem with part ordering.

My guess is that the priority with the vendors is providing the needed parts to the manufacturers on a day to day basis. Those of us who have been there in the dearly morning can attest to the flocks of trucks delivering to the factories for that days assembly.
Old 09-08-2016, 09:28 AM   #32
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
The Montana is back in the Driveway we were able to get through the road construction to our street.They have moved the traffic pattern and it will be easier for us to get in and out.

We took the Rv in Aug 22 the parts were ordered Aug 25 and arrived at the dealer Aug 30. The RV has ben at the dealership since that date due to the above mentioned road construction.

The tank replacement and labor was covered by our Cornerstone Extended warranty with no problem and a 50.00 deductible.

We did have other cost on us. Replaced the bat wing antenna head as we lost one of the bat wings somewhere in Texas. Replaced two Holding tank pull cables. Lowered the Mor Ryde hitch pin to the lowest hole and repaired bent flange 145.50
Repaired screen door as the latch and the clear plastic fell off on our trip/

We ran up 187.00 in parts including underbelly tape, plumbers tape the two valve cables and labor was 100.00 per hour.I had to write a check for 565.00

Not having the RV was not a issue since we are not full timers and have the S&B. Our next trip is the FCRV Statewide rally Sept 14eth so we have plenty of time to re pack.

My dealer and Keystone experiences have been good although there was no reason I should have had them in the first place.
Old 09-08-2016, 10:54 AM   #33
1retired06
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12156
Good to hear the rig is fixed and back in the driveway
F350 crew cab dually 6.7
1retired06 is offline   Reply With Quote