Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 05-22-2013, 04:59 PM   #21
kab449
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11842
I gave up a Class A Motorhome for my Montana. I was spoiled by the ease of setup of the class A and never considered a trailer until I looked at the Montana with the level up system with the remote. I said "this is a game changer" and actually bought the Montana because of it. No remote, no Montana for me.

kab449 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 01:44 AM   #22
Samiterry
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #13257
This is the touch screen remote showing the main menu compared to the iphone 4s.
Under the Light Sub Menu-Select on or off for the DS security light and pin box LED light.
Under the Main Slide Sub Menu-Select open or close the dining, and 2 bedroom slides on the 3750FL.
Under the Landing Gear Sub Menu-Select up or down.(Can be used inside of tow vehicle).
Under the Awning Sub Menu-Open or close.

Samiterry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 05:09 AM   #23
Irlpguy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12935
This is the remote that came with my 2012 - 3402RL. I see no advantage to a touch screen with sub menu's over this easy to use remote. I would not own another RV without a remote control. You can stop and start the extension/retraction of the slides at any time while you check them, you can sit in the cab of your truck and raise or lower the landing gear for hooking up, as well as control the DS security/pin lights and the awning. I can easily set up and take down on my own using the remote, makes me responsible for ensuring everything is where it should be during these actions.

I guess the removal of this on some units is like everything else and is dictated by the money counters. Also I do not recall a lot of discussion on this forum regarding problems other than the battery in the remote. If everything on my Monty had worked as well as the remote, I would be a much happier camper.

The remote compares in size to my Iphone4 as it does in Samiterry's picture.

Irlpguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2016, 01:43 AM   #24
maxjr758
Established Member

M.O.C. #18468
Was reading this thread, after searching for info on the remote control for the Montana.
My wife an I purchased a "Pre-Owned" 2011 347 THT our salesman said this one did not have the remote feature, he also said we didn't have a galley tank,even though there was a galley listed on the monitor panel! But that's another story in its self. I was poking around in the front compartment checking things out, and I noticed a panel on the bulkhead that all the electrical seamed to connect to. On the panel was directions for programing a remote. I contacted Keystone and asked if this unit came with a remote option. They ask me to send the Vin # and they could tell me what equipment was specifically included on my unit. It did have the remote option, so I ordered one, a $89 one! ? Is how do I program it ,is the instructions on the panel all there is to it, as it came with no instructions at all!
maxjr758 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2016, 01:57 AM   #25
WeBeFulltime
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11397
You stated that on the panel there is instructions for programming.
Try following those instructions while having the remote turned "on" and held near the panel. This may "pair" the two. Maybe press a "blue" button on panel? Is tour remote like the one pictured just above (buttons not touch screen)? If so, turn it "on" by pressing the center button on the bottom row (just above mountain top) and then the "on" button just above that one. To turn it off repeat that process or it should "time out" after a couple minutes of inactivity. This is the type remote I have and it works great.

Full Timers 9/1/2010 through 1/16/2020.
WeBeFulltime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2016, 04:12 AM   #26
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
They do work one you learn how to use it.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2016, 06:34 AM   #27
Carl n Susan
Site Team

M.O.C. #4831
Programming the remote is as easy as the instructions on the base unit say. I have done this several times with replacement remotes. The one thing to watch for is there are different templates for the remote depending on the model of your Montana. I have no idea what a 347 THT model looks like nor its slide configuration. Hopefully they send you a remote with the correct template. My 3700 uses a weird template and it took several tries to get the correct one.

Having the wrong template is not a show stopper. The remote does "pair" with the base unit. You just have to experiment with it to see what each button does. If the functions match the template - great. If not, you can adapt - maybe make a Dymo tape label while waiting for Montana to send the correct template.

All the remotes I have seen turn on the same way despite the different templates. As Ed wrote above, the pair of buttons above the mountains are the key. This pair has two functions: one, to turn on the remote; and two, to turn on the scare lights (which once turned on by the remote, must be turned off by the remote). Press the button above "LCI" and then the "ON" button above that. A second depression of the "ON" button will turn on the scare lights. It is very easy to do accidentally so be sure to check the light when you are done.

There are a bunch of remote haters here on the MOC, but I love mine. I use it when hooking up as I can adjust the pin height (raising/lowering the front legs) from the truck as I back in.

Carl n Susan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2016, 05:32 PM   #28
maxjr758
Established Member

M.O.C. #18468
Thanks so much for the info! The remote they sent me is exactly like the one above(with buttons),and the template that was included looks to coordinate with the features of our 347THT. Going to try to pair it up with our camper tomorrow. I'll post an update tomorrow nite! New to 5ers, and Montana so probably be picking all of your brains! I finally found my elusive galley tank drain handle(for the galley tank we were told we did t have),with the help of another group.
Thanks again
We love our Montana !
Old 06-10-2016, 03:53 PM   #29
Sniperduce
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #10075
Max
We have a 2011 347THT since it was new and yes it came with the remote and a galley tank. Our remote is different looking than the LCI one pictured here. Other than the remote battery lasting about a year the remote is very handy imo.
If you have any questions on your THT let me know.
Bill
Sniperduce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2016, 06:22 AM   #30
davidaf
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13601
Funny I just found my remote the other day in the back of a drawer so I put batteries in it. The lights blinked around and around for a minute or so. I took the battery out and tossed it back in the drawer. They are probably a great thing to have but with it stowed away in the drawer it's one less thing i need to think about fixing or dealing with. Maybe i'll take it out again and fiddle with it next year
davidaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 12:23 AM   #31
maxjr758
Established Member

M.O.C. #18468
!!!!!! UPDATE !!!!!!!
!!!!!! IT WORKS !!!!!!
SETTING it up literally took about 30 sec. . Thanks so much to all who responded! Didn't know if I'd get any responses since it was an older thread.
The Kool factor just went up even more for our Montana !
Once I figure out how to post pics, I will !
Thanks again !
Old 06-16-2016, 10:43 AM   #32
tracyclifton
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #11859
Can you give me specifics on how you got the replacement remote? I have a working one but several of the buttons are on their last leg. I've searched the LCI site and internet but never have found a clear line for a replacement. Thanks.
tracyclifton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2016, 11:37 AM   #33
Carl n Susan
Site Team

M.O.C. #4831
I have always ordered my replacements from our dealer. They had all the information and made it easy for me (particularly when Montana shipped the remote with the wrong template).

Old 06-16-2016, 11:50 AM   #34
tracyclifton
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #11859
I don't have a dealer anymore. Ours, which was still 1/2 hour away, went out of business due to issues with the IRS.
Old 06-16-2016, 02:21 PM   #35
Carl n Susan
Site Team

M.O.C. #4831
Then try another Montanan dealer. Tiara in Goshen is one and it takes phone orders. Perhaps Team Montana (or whatever customer support calls itself today) can refer you to a dealer in your area. The point is you normally only get parts through a Montana dealer. Contact Lippert (LCI) and perhaps they will supply one to you.
Old 06-16-2016, 02:44 PM   #36
tracyclifton
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #11859
Thanks for the suggestion and no offence, but I was asking maxjr758 so they could give me the exact information so I could follow the same route.
Old 06-17-2016, 03:17 AM   #37
Ragtacker
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #17932
Sure wish ours had this feature, alot more piece of mind putting out the slides in an unfamiliar campground.
Ragtacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2016, 04:32 PM   #38
Ragtacker
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #17932
Sure wish ours had this feature, alot more piece of mind putting out the slides in an unfamiliar campground.
Ragtacker is offline   Reply With Quote