Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 08-01-2009, 05:04 AM   #1
Freeda II
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7813
TV swival

WE have a 32" TV in the ent. section. When we slide it out it does not come out far enough for us to turn so that we can turn to view from the kitchen area. i was going to get a slide so we can go furhter out but evan doing that the stand does not rotate because it hits the front section. Has anyone redone this to be able to swival the TV more.

Freeda II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 07:27 AM   #2
William H. Collier
Montana Master

M.O.C. #798
Iam not sure which one you have, but if it is like mine it comes out about half way and stops. At that point pull a little harder and it will come out all the way.
Bill
William H. Collier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 06:06 AM   #3
Freeda II
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7813
Bill;
It is over the fireplace RL 3400 '08. I did that but still not able to rotate any further
Andy
Old 08-02-2009, 08:10 AM   #4
jjackflash
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7787
What Bill is saying is true! The bracket will pull out to a certain point and stop for safe viewing,If you want to take the TV completely out you can continue pulling and the bracket will slide completely off.
Jack
jjackflash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 03:27 PM   #5
Exnavydiver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7753
Send a message via AIM to Exnavydiver Send a message via MSN to Exnavydiver Send a message via Yahoo to Exnavydiver
We have a 340RLQ Big Sky (08) and are familiar,with this very situation. We have found that even getting it all the way out to it's fullest extension still won't let you watch it from the kitchen. The dining room is not a problem but I did discover by accident that I could follow a program by watching the reflection in the windows by the couch and dining table. Other than that I think you are out of luck. That is why we have a DVR, if we need to hit the kitchen for something we freeze the program and continue on after we finish in the kitchen. Sorry I couldn't help more, but some things in these rigs are just beyond some situations... Dave
Exnavydiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 06:33 AM   #6
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
Ah! Shucks! Ain't ya sposed to be cookin' anyway!!!!!
Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 11:23 AM   #7
Freeda II
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7813
Yes one solution will be to get a PVR. We will have the use of one when we go on our long trip in January at which time I will pull the one from the house into the RV. Until then I was hoping to do the next best thing and have it swival for me. Wayne my DW and I are talented and can multi task between cooking and watching. I have removed the present swival and have it at home for some modification. I'll let you all know how it turns out. I love a challenge