Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 05-13-2009, 06:41 PM   #1
washley1
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9053
Parking near ferry to Quebec City

We are going to be passing through the Quebec City, Canada area next month. We plan to park our 38 footer near the ferry at Levis, and take the boat into the old city for the day. Is there anywhere to park the rig near the ferry? I was told the ferry property itself does not have room, but there is a lot next door that does, but I have not been able to verify that. We are not staying there this trip. I just want to spend a few hours and move on. Anyone have knowledge?

washley1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 03:33 AM   #2
adelmoll
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2716
We were there last year and took the ferry each day across. I can't think of anywhere we would have been able to park once we got down the hill. They were all very small spots where we even had trouble parking the truck. The only thing I can think of is to park at the top in one of the shopping centers and get a taxi. We loved QC. DH just asked, "how could they only spend a couple of hrs there.

Helen
adelmoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 11:33 AM   #3
washley1
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9053
Helen,
Beginning to look like we may stay 2 nights and get to spend the whole day and evening in the city. Looking at Transit or the KOA. Any thoughts on those?
Walt
Old 05-14-2009, 08:47 PM   #4
Sinterior
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9238
Hi, we have stayed at the Levis KOA twice now, a nice park with very friendly staff. If you are on the south side of the St Lawrence River going to the ferry to Old Town on the old hwy along the river (I forget which hwy) from the KOA there is a low underpass which a higher RV will NOT go under, plus its a very narrow road in places.
We planned on staying 2-3 days and ended up staying 9 days. It will take you at least 2 days just to do upper and lower Old Town, let alone the rest of the city. If you have time, go to Isle d'Orleans, an island on the St Lawrence River very close to Quebec City. Once on the island, at the top of the hill there is a small visitor centre on your right, just before a traffic light (easy to miss) where you can rent a cassette or CD which gives you a guided history of the island as you drive around it, with stops along the way. Without stops it's a 2 hour drive. There are several restaurants, gift/art shops with very reasonable prices, and a winery or two. The history is very interesting for history buffs.
I strongly suggest not taking a big RV there as the roads are very narrow and parking is difficult.

Peter
Sinterior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 04:01 AM   #5
adelmoll
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2716
We stayed at Transit. It was a very nice park with lots of info and if I remember correctly, they gave special rates on some things. I can't remember what they were though. We took a tour to the island and stopped at a great chocolated factory. Um Um Good. If you check my blog way back to Newfoundland you can get some ideas. I think it was late June of 2008. What a fun place.

Helen
adelmoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 06:22 AM   #6
MacDR50
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7691
My last stay was at the Quebec KOA. Shuttle takes you right into the Old City.
http://www.koa.com/where/qc/56107/
MacDR50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 11:09 AM   #7
KathyandDave
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8693
Send a message via MSN to KathyandDave
Quebec KOA is fine, just watch the ditch turning in! The old city is full of history and exquisite buildings, a couple of days worth, at least.
KathyandDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 05:47 PM   #8
washley1
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9053
Only problem with the KOA shuttle is strting date. We will be there June 12-13, and shuttles do not start that early in the season.