Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 10-14-2008, 11:13 AM   #1
Exnavydiver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7753
Send a message via AIM to Exnavydiver Send a message via MSN to Exnavydiver Send a message via Yahoo to Exnavydiver
(update)We Can't Leave Tomorrow

Betsy only got to 85% on her stress test so now we have to wait for an appt with a cardiologist. So everything is on hold for now. The only stuff we had left to pack were the recliners and the mattress. Everything else was packed including all the food in the fridge, glad I didn't drain the water lines and shut off the heat. So we are here till we aren't and it is getting cold here.. The Dr said we might be able to bail by Saturday but I for one doubt that. If the cardiologist doesn't like the Drs report than we will have to go down to Wausau for a cath job. Betsy is scared and so am I , we were so close to getting out of here...Dave

Exnavydiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 11:37 AM   #2
boylanag
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5965
Dave and Betsy - Our thoughts and prayers are with you. We wish you the very best.
boylanag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 11:52 AM   #3
sgtpp214
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1782
Dave and Betsy, we will keep you in our prayers and wish you God speed when you leave on Saturday. Keep a positive outlook.
sgtpp214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 11:56 AM   #4
H. John Kohl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #311
Send a message via AIM to H. John Kohl Send a message via MSN to H. John Kohl Send a message via Yahoo to H. John Kohl
Dave and Betsy,
You have your priorities and taking care of them. Our prayers are with you.
H. John Kohl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 12:10 PM   #5
Joyce H
Montana Master

M.O.C. #266
We are praying hard for you here in the WV mountains. Sorry the stress test did not go as well as you had wanted, but God has a reason for everything. Know that feeling of having everything packed up in anticipation of leaving. We have started gathering things together as this is our last week here at the house. We will leave out Sunday to head south for our winter in FL, if all goes as planned. Busy next few days with doctors, dentists, and vet appointments. So we are just taking it one day at a time. We will continue to keep you in our prayers!!!
Joyce H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 12:58 PM   #6
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Actually Dave it is a good thing they did the stress test and know there may be a problem.we did stress test in July and barely got through it. They did find Very high blood pressure and irregular heartbeat as a result of the test. I was put on some medication and diet and we are now as good as new. I know pretty much what test they will be doing and if there is a problem they will fix it.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 01:40 PM   #7
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
Fear of the unknown can be paralyzing. Faith in providential care regardless of the situation can carry you through. A request for health is a frequent subject of our prayer life along with gratitude for the health we have. "Fear not.....You are loved"
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 03:03 PM   #8
mail2us
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6920
David and Betsy, our hopeful thoughts go to Betsy and prayers as well. Dennis and Judy
mail2us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 03:06 PM   #9
sailer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6977
Well dave ,, pack and go to wausaw as the far north is a 0 as far as i am ... we went to marshfield for 3 operations for sharon but thet was before wausau was a marshfield hosp,, they are great and i know what you 2 are going through, we have been there , leave now , stay in that area till its fixed sailer by the way we are now down to swansea, sc and headed for bonita by sat sailer
sailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 03:56 PM   #10
itaves
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8637
Our thoughts and prayers are with you, Betsy & Dave. Keep the faith and be thankful they discovered there may be a problem in time to fix it! The rest of the country will wait for you!!
itaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 04:02 PM   #11
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
Betsy, YOU KNOW WE ARE ALL WITH YA IN SPIRIT AND PRAYER!!

Keep us posted, Stiles is so right about the fear of the unknown.

Place your faith and fears in the hands of your Maker.
Mrs. CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 04:08 PM   #12
David and Jo-Anna
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6022
Betsy, we are wishing only the best for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love,

Jo-Anna and David
David and Jo-Anna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 05:13 PM   #13
rving2us
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7880
Mary and I wish you all the best and have a safe journey when you start to travel. Jon
rving2us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 04:14 AM   #14
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
Dave and Betsy,
It's just a short postponement. You'll be on the road soon.

Betsy - take care and get well. Rest, rest, rest - and Dave will do all the house work and yard work. You just have to do the exercises the doctor tells you to do. Tell Dave that his duties should only last a lifetime!!

God bless you both.
Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 04:47 AM   #15
capn chris
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2586
Send a message via AIM to capn chris Send a message via Yahoo to capn chris
Betsy and David,
Lynn and wish you the very best. Take care of business, and you'll be on the road soon enough. David - I'm sure you can find a window or TV to fix in the mean time?!!!
capn chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 08:12 AM   #16
greener
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7882
Better that they catch any problem now and deal with it so you can relax on the trip. The hardest is wondering what`s up. I feel you`ll do well! Have a great winter.
The Nyes in Pa
greener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 08:39 AM   #17
Exnavydiver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7753
Send a message via AIM to Exnavydiver Send a message via MSN to Exnavydiver Send a message via Yahoo to Exnavydiver
OK, here is the SITREP at the moment. Betsy is going in to Wausau at 0900 Friday for an esophageal ultrasound and then a cardiac cath. The ultrasound is to check for a "hole in the heart" or patent foramen ovale PFO. This may be causing clots and the strokes. The cath is to check where the blockage is and how big it is. if it is small they will balloon it, if bigger then they will stint it. This is what we hope for. If it is at a 'Y' in the artery then bypass is the solution. Needless to say that is not what we hope for. We called Wausau to ask about CGs to stay at and they said "We already have a site for you at the hospital" Now how cool is that? so we will close the house up tomorrow and take the rig to Wausau tomorrow afternoon. If all goes well we will head south the first part of the week, if we have to wait longer we will head back to LOL (Land O Lakes) until it is time to go or till we can get plowed out. Further updates to follow... Dave
Old 10-15-2008, 08:55 AM   #18
bsmeaton
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6109
Dave and Betsy,

Good luck on the procedure! I just had my "hole in the heart" (patent foramen ovale PFO) closed with an Occluder back in April. Mine was diagnosed as a contributor to low oxygen saturation, but the actual occluder device is primarily used for limiting the passage of clots through the hole betwen Atria.

bsmeaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 09:01 AM   #19
Jay Bird
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6831
george and I send prayers and lots of comfort love to you.
rosetta
Jay Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 09:02 AM   #20
Exnavydiver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7753
Thanks Brad, I corrected the spelling as I forgot to get the correct spelling from the Dr. I guess Wausau is among the top ten cardiac hospitals in the country and the very best in Wisconsin. Probably because we eat too much cheese... Dave