Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Tow Vehicles & Towing
Click Here to Login

Old 04-07-2008, 04:06 PM   #1
scductman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7270
Ozz was right!!!

I called tireco today and told them about my problems with the missions and was not on the phone 3 min. they are sending me 5 new tires. great people to deal with. Now I have to decide what to do. the ones I have are kinda cheap tires but made in USA. The ones they are sending are milestars I think dont know for sure. Im Still a little undesided about what to do about putting them on will think some more. just about have my head hurting now seems to happen when I try to think LOL. bobby

scductman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 01:18 AM   #2
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Need to ask a question..
What do you do with the 5 Mission RAGS you are taking off???
Do you have to return them to TireCo? If so, who pays the freight??
Inquiring minds need to know.
Thanks!!
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 02:20 AM   #3
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Bobby, I have always been an advocate for Michelin tires, all my service trucks had them; very good product. At this stage of my life, and limited budget, I have to go with the replacement tires, as buying 5 new American made, hopefully, good quality tires is just not feasible. I will gladly take the new tires, and hope they will give me a safe and reliable service life.
Glenn, Tireco told me to tell the tire service company, that they will be sending a UPS authorization for shipping back to Tireco. I am impressed that they did not pro-rate the tires, free. Not bad. I probably have 15,000 or more miles on them.
Yes, I have to pay for the mounting and balancing, but I do think it is more than fair of them.
Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 02:57 AM   #4
Delaine and Lindy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6650
My question is what is Tireco doing to prevent this. It appears they are taking care of the replacment. I also think they are just re-naming the new tires but they are the same. And the next question is what is the RV industry doing. It seems as though they are still buying the China Bombs. I have two trailers a 32' inclosed that has missions and a 30' Gooseneck with a tire called Freestar. The Freestar is rated as a G rated tire. I wouldn't use them on the 5th wheel. I understand they have quit making the Mission tire or just renamed it. Anytime I pull either trailer I always put the Pressure Pro sensor. Don't worry about the Gooseneck its all steel around the tires. Good Luck.. GBY.....

P.S. I would buy some Freestar Thats G rated.
Delaine and Lindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 11:38 AM   #5
Steve and Brenda
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6364
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Glenn and Lorraine

Need to ask a question..
What do you do with the 5 Mission RAGS you are taking off???
Do you have to return them to TireCo? If so, who pays the freight??
Inquiring minds need to know.
Thanks!!
Mine are still in my garage, waiting for them to send shipping documents since November 2007. I think they'll be on eBay in a few weeks since they're not interested in picking up tires with only 3000 miles on them.

As for Tireco's great customer service, I think that their realization to send a few tires to disappointed customers is cheaper than many customers filing for DOT recall status.
Steve and Brenda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 02:17 PM   #6
scductman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7270
Guys they told me they would email me the paper work to ship them back UPS on there dime. Ozz I talked to my tire man and my sils brother who is a tire man both said to use them. I also cked and seen a set of milestars on one of our co trucks so I will give them a shot. Now if I could just sell the ones I have. Ozz I also am on a limited budget and cant see not using 5 new tires. do you know what brand they are sending. thanks bobby
scductman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 03:38 PM   #7
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Sounds good. No I don't. It will be a surprise......................
Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote