Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 01-17-2008, 03:20 PM   #1
scductman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7270
JMO about tanks!!!

Folks I just finished repairing my shower tank. I got some good info here and I am greatful. But just for though while I had the tank out and testing with small amount of air I saw that the flat top of the tank would bow up about 1.5 inchs. So when I put it back in I cked it by filling till water was standing in the shower. With my basement empty you could see the floor raise up over the tank. My lines are in the top front side of the tank. The lines are conected to the tank with a glued flange so every time you fill and empty the tank it trys to roll the pipes to one side and if the pipes cant give I think over a long time it will crack the top of the tank as a lot of us have seen. so when I put mine back all lines were hooked up with a rubber comp I even put one on the black tank while there. I just think it would have been better to not hook them solid. Just something to think about. hey at least I know all about the belly of my monty since I put the tank in twice it leaked the first time so I took it out and completly refixed it. sorry for rambling just hope this may help someone you have helped me so much thanks bobby

scductman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 04:20 PM   #2
8.1al
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1658
Thanks Bobby,
I've been wondering if maybe my tanks needed something like that
8.1al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 04:46 PM   #3
ggranch
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6588
Seeing as the Montana is a well built rig, I really mean it, this is a statement of the thoughtful engineering present in the RV industry. Bob
ggranch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 02:20 AM   #4
OntMont
Montana Master

M.O.C. #122
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by scductman

when I put mine back all lines were hooked up with a rubber comp
Interesting information! When you say "rubber comp", do you mean one of those rubber couplings that fasten with two hose clamps? That does seem like a good idea. Why don't you submit it to Keystone through the feedback button on the www.keystonerv.com Montana website? Who knows, you might even get a response.
OntMont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 01:04 PM   #5
scductman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7270
John that is the one. its called a fernco fitting with 2 stainless steel clamps. The guys that work in the plumbing dept at the company said with them in the belly they would last as long as the pipe. bobby
Old 01-18-2008, 01:32 PM   #6
Al B
Established Member

M.O.C. #3654
Hi Bobby
If you see the floor move in the basement,dose this mean you could get to the tanks by removing the floor? If so I think this would be another way to put the fernco on.
Thanks for the info.
Al B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 01:52 PM   #7
scductman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7270
AlB on my 3650RK the front grey tank and the black tank is under the basement storage. so you can see the drain and vent on the grey and 3" drain on the black and can get to them easy. since the tanks are up tight to the floor the comp can be put just above it. I have not looked at my galley tank will ck it later it has been replaced already under warranty. bobby