Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Full Timing in your Montana
Click Here to Login

Old 07-31-2006, 02:46 AM   #1
David and Jo-Anna
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6022
Life on Wheels classes?

Jo-Anna and I will be attending the Life on Wheels program up in Pennsylvania starting this Thursday afternoon. Anyone else from MOC who is going to be there?

And for those who have attended LOW in the past, any strong recommendations on classes to be sure to attend?

David and Jo-Anna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 05:02 AM   #2
Cat320
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5751
What is LOW? Never heard of the program.
Cat320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 07:18 AM   #3
uhftx
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2446
FYI:

Life on wheels is an education program.

I've looked into this and is normally held at a University
http://www.rvlifeonwheels.com/

LOW is an acronym for Loners on Wheels.
http://www.lonersonwheels.com/

These two are completely different. If you see a vehicle in a campground with the LOW sticker on it you will now know what it stands for. I was curious when I first encountered this. Which is what led me to the Life On Wheels web site.

Old 07-31-2006, 07:53 AM   #4
David and Jo-Anna
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6022
Cat--As the web site will show, Life on Wheels is a three day program on extended-time RV living. It was inspired by Gaylord Maxwell, columnist with TrailerLife and Motorhome magazines. It's sponsored by the University of Idaho and held on several college campuses around the country in the summer. We are attending the session up at Northampton Community College near Philadelphia starting this Thursday. We've heard good things about it on other forums, and it seems a good way for newbies like us to get more info on extended RV living. Classes cover a broad range of topics. There are too many classes to take them all in the time alotted, so I was looking for suggestions as to which classes people found most helpful.
Old 08-01-2006, 10:43 AM   #5
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
David,
I think that sounds like a great idea for you and your wife. I do not feel you will find any greater information except from the experts themselves. Please share some of the highlights you learned while attending the LOW program.

2004 Chevy Silverado LT 2500HD CrewCab Duramax
2004 Montana 3400RL
Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 12:34 PM   #6
CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #191
David

I would guess they will give you a lot of class outlines, just a few random thoughts (we have NOT been to the seminar)

1.) Tape the sessions if you can, that way you can listen to them over and over. Some seminars SELL the tapes, might be a good investment.

2.) Split up, you take one class, Jo-Anna take another offered in the same time frame. You can double up and using hint 1, have something for the non-attending spouse to learn from.

OHHH,and have a great time!
CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 05:12 PM   #7
Longwell
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5192
HEY! April and I will be at the Life on Wheels PA conference too!
We'll be looking for you there.
Some of the classes April and I are taking together and some we are splitting up due to different focuses. We will cross-cultivate our notes after the conference.
The conference mailing said that there is to be NO recording, either video or tape, during the sessions.
Hope to see you there, David and Jo-Anna.
Larry

Longwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 02:22 AM   #8
CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #191
bummer bout the taping, self preservation I guess. Not that unusual either.
CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 04:17 AM   #9
David and Jo-Anna
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6022
Larry--looking forward to seeing you and April there tomorrow. I'll send a separate email to you regarding which classes we will attend to see if we are in the same class on Friday.

David and Jo-Anna Kikel