Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 08-08-2005, 03:37 AM   #1
8.1al
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1658
Where are the people that voted for Reno?

I know this was asked in an earlier post, but October is getting closer and closer and we only have much fewer people signed up than voted. Have you all changed your minds or just procrastinating? We are looking forward to attending the rally and would just love to have a huge crowd there and get to meet many of the great people on this forum

8.1al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2005, 04:50 AM   #2
toolmanroy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1745
We have answered this question before, but here goes again. We voted for the Reno location but it was with the understanding it was to be in early September, hopefully Labor Day. At that point there were several locations that could handle a large group. When things were finalized for the rally it turned out to be in October and in a location some distance from Reno. From our location in Oregon, there are several mountain passes that could be a problem that time of year should we get an early winter. We just could not get the time off we needed nor we were willing to risk ice and snow in the passes. We are very disappointed that we will not be able to attend. We are however, headed to Reno over Labor Day to meet with a couple of other Montana owners who also could not attend in October.

This is in no way meant as a criticism of anyone. It is just the facts as pertain to us.
toolmanroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2005, 06:47 AM   #3
8.1al
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1658
You're right Roy, the date change did complicate things for some people. I'm sorry you and Nancy couldn't fit it into your schedule. I'm just surprised that at this point the turnout is pretty small considering the number of people that voted.
8.1al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2005, 07:07 AM   #4
FireTruckerWife
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1629
Snow is very uncommon until Thanksgiving in the Reno area, And the probability of the mtn passes between here and there, have sticking snow that early is fairly low. In fact we have reservations at Honeyman state park in Oregon the week after the rally and we are hoping we don't have to cancel.

Reno is very near the rally. Only about 35 miles away, we used to make the trip weekely for shopping before we had good shopping down here.

Sorry you will miss the small but intimate group

Believe me our area is MUCH nicer than Reno.
FireTruckerWife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2005, 10:06 AM   #5
toolmanroy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1745
I have lived in this area for 26+ years and I agree that snow is uncommon but not impossible and last year we had it early here. Since we would not know the conditions of the road/weather until nearly time to leave, and reservations had to made ahead, we just decided it would not work for us. September is slow for both of us in our respective businesses, but October is not.
toolmanroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2005, 03:31 PM   #6
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
We're really looking forward to being there and hope others will still be able to join us.
jrgwdenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2005, 06:47 AM   #7
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
We also are looking forward to it and hope to meet as many of our members as possible. And reconnect with those we've met before.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 10:11 AM   #8
Montana_2779
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2779
As fairly new Mountaineer owners, we were looking forward to a gathering at or near the factory. If that weren't the case, somewhere in the central US would have suited us just fine. Unfortunately, as working fulltimers in Houston, Reno is a bit far for us (we can only take about a week off, and we'd spend almost all of that on the road). I have to assume that the Reno location will preclude a number of folks, especially those east of the Mississippi. On the other hand, I'm sure that the folks who aren't able to attend this year will have other opportunities in the future! Hope it goes great!!
Montana_2779 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 01:12 PM   #9
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
And for the people on the West Coast, we would have to take a week to get to the mid-west. So it seems since the last one was there it was only fair to have one somewhere else. I think the later date is what is making this difficult for some people.
Happy trails....................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2005, 04:05 PM   #10
adelmoll
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2716
We are looking forward to making it our kick-off to the nice weather. It is our first winter away from Minnesota. I can sure understand those that will return to the colder climate but we sure are looking forward to this and feel for those that are not. The best paart is meeting new Montana owners and re-uniting with tohse that we have. Love this full-timing thing!
Bill and Helen
adelmoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2005, 04:31 PM   #11
Montana_2779
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2779
Sure agree with ya, Sue and Ed! When I lived on the West Coast, I rarely went west of Tahoe! That's the nice thing about RVing-- there always seems to be plenty of time to get to "the next one"! I'm sure the East Coasters will be happy to see one out that way in the near future.
Montana_2779 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2005, 09:44 AM   #12
dersequim
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #549
We were going to hit the rally on our way to Florence, Az. BUT one of our employees broke her hip and were not sure we can leave that early. She has had 2 operations so far and may not be back till Nov.
dersequim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2005, 04:41 PM   #13
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Daryl, I'm sorry to hear that. I was hoping to finally meet you but I do understand the situation. Have a good trip to Arizona. Maybe we'll winter out that way one of these years.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2005, 05:40 AM   #14
Sunshine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2018
We voted for Reno and we will be there. Weather is unpredictable and always a concern, but not going to let that stop us. In fact, from Reno we will be going to points south and coming home in early November from Vegas. I hope between now and rally time more MOC members will see their way clear to come - we are looking forward to meeting everyone - large group or small.
Sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote