Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 05-31-2005, 03:32 AM   #1
Montana_2785
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2785
Not a fun weekend....

This morning (Tuesday) I have the honor of being the only non-family member helping to carry a close friend to her final resting place. My wife has been a substitute mother to Carolyn for 30 some years and it is particularly hard on her. The speed at which Carolyn lost her battle surprised us all. We were planning on taking her with us camping one last time this June. She was only 46. We would appreciate your prayers of support for us and Carolyn's family.

Cancer is a horrid thing.....

Eric

Montana_2785 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2005, 03:38 AM   #2
Kathi
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3113
Our prayers are with you and Carolyns family. Losing a loved one is so hard. But it is comforting to know that they are in a better place. Remember the fun and good times God gave you to spend with her. And the good times she spent here on this earth.
Kathi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2005, 04:52 AM   #3
Jeff Heiser
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2088
Our prayers are with Carolyn's family. My best friend is going through the same thing now with his wife. She is only 49 years old and has been given 6 to 8 months to live. It is so sad. We too wanted to take her camping but she cannot even ride in the truck for more than about 10 minutes without hurting so bad she cannot go on.

We have a prayer group that is praying for my friends wife I will have them pray for Carolyn's family.

Jeff Heiser
Merritt Island Florida
Jeff Heiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2005, 05:09 AM   #4
vickster
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1165
Our thoughts and prayers are with you at this time.
vickster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2005, 07:50 AM   #5
HamRad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15
Eric Roellig,
We so sorry to learn of your loss. Our thoughts and prayers are with you.

Dennis and Mary Kay
HamRad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2005, 09:03 AM   #6
BillyRay
Montana Master

M.O.C. #607
cancer is a terrible thing and so hard to deal with, as I've seen it so much! our prayers are with you.
BillyRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2005, 11:10 AM   #7
Wordsmith
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3215
Eric, you certainly have my prayers.

Cancer is indeed a horrible thing. I saw my father lose his battle with it and have even saw a teenager that I taught lose hers with it as well. It does not discriminate. Hopefully, one day science will conquer it. It might not be much, but this is why I support the efforts of the Lance Armstrong Foundation and religiously wear my Livestrong bracelet.
Wordsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2005, 01:40 PM   #8
Montana_2785
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2785
Thank you all for your support.

As far as these things go, it was a nice day. It was warm but not hot. Sunny and cheery and all that. The pastor gave one of the most calming messages I have ever heard at a funeral.

It is truly overwhelmingly devastating when your own body turns against you like that. Three weeks ago, she was still living on her own and able to go out with her friends. Even just a week ago, she was still her old self. 24 hours after she was told point blank by a doctor that she was never leaving the hospital, she was kept drugged up (pain and mental anguish). I spent 6 hours with her 2 days before she died and she wasn't able to talk or even squeeze my hand in response to anything. However, she did respond in small ways the day she died. I'm still having trouble wraping my mind around how fast she went down.

I am just very thankful that Carolyn had a very strong faith in her Savior so that we can celebrate instead of morn.

Eric
Old 05-31-2005, 06:09 PM   #9
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Our prayers are also with you and your families.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2005, 06:48 PM   #10
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
Eric, thanks so much for that testimony of your friend's faith. It makes all the difference during a time of grief.
jrgwdenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2005, 01:31 AM   #11
Montana_2785
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2785
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Jeff Heiser

Our prayers are with Carolyn's family. My best friend is going through the same thing now with his wife. She is only 49 years old and has been given 6 to 8 months to live. [...]

We have a prayer group that is praying for my friends wife I will have them pray for Carolyn's family.

Jeff Heiser
Merritt Island Florida
Jeff,

Our prayers for your friends wife as well.

As helpful as prayers are, it is also very helpful to show people unmistakably that you love them.....

Eric
Old 06-01-2005, 03:36 AM   #12
Bowie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1475
Celebrating a life of faith is one of the most meaningful things we can do to help us cope with the loss of someone dear to us. We gain strength from it and it helps us to remember all the wonderful things in the person's life. These losses are never easy to bear--but a life of faith puts perspective into our time here. Our prayers for you Eric and for Carolyn's family as well. Jeff--prayers for your friend, wife and family too.
Bowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2005, 03:16 AM   #13
campbud
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3142
Our prayers are with you and Carolyns family. I lost my father to bone cancer last July. I thank God that he went fast and did not have to suffer for a long time. My husband lost both his parents (46 & 60)to cancer. Cancer is a horrible desease. I am so sorry for you loss.
campbud is offline   Reply With Quote