Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 11-09-2004, 03:29 AM   #21
Montana_621
Montana Master

M.O.C. #621
No I have not lived in a hotel for 2 weeks and I'm happy that I haven't had to. My kids would drive me crazy! Well, since the didn't get it right the first time or even the second they TRULY OWE IT TO YOU to fix the damn thing and GET IT RIGHT THIS TIME! If I were you I would be having a cow right about now and I might even think about involving an attorney. I know it would cost you more to involve an attorney but they do free consultations and if you have any in the family or even a friend of a friend who could write a letter to show that you mean business it might help. It urks me that Keystone thinks their behavior is appropriate, well it's not. The fact that you are a single woman doesn't help either, they like to take advantage of us. Stick to your guns and don't give up.

Let me know and I will sick Mike on them, he loves to play the @*#^$, he does it so well.

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by fla native

Melissa,

I appreciate your support. I just had to laugh when you said, "if they did not get it right the first time". Oh, how I wish. If we were just talking about the second time I would not have had to negate a years worth of payments and interest and start back at square one when I went into the second unit. Yes, it is was a new unit with better options, but it completely destroyed my five year plan of having Miss Montana paid off. But you are right. They did set a president with me, by telling me they would fix the problem at no cost to me. Of course I still have to laugh a little. Have you ever lived in a Motel for two weeks and it did not cost you above and beyond the room cost?

Montana_621 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2004, 02:56 AM   #22
Bowie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1475
What an ordeal for you BJ! A unit without ANY leaks EVER is what every purchaser should expect so you are well within your rights. Stand firm and remain calm in your requests for what is appropriate. A woman of purpose and determination cannot be ignored. Keystone really must stand behind their product and their promises of good service if they expect the buying public to keep buying. No one wants to "bash" them--but unfortunately bad news travels much faster than good in this world. Best of luck with the needed repairs which we sure hope they get right this time!!!!
Bowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2004, 03:41 AM   #23
lightningjack11
Montana Master

M.O.C. #59
BJ,

Been off the forum for a while due to family problems.

I really hate to say again that I am sorry to hear about your leak problems. I don't know what to suggest now and I can't understand why Keystone cannot keep your unit from leaking.

My main slide has leaked in the past before I bought it and doesn't seem to leak now. I have adjusted the slide once.

If all else fails you might give David Wolf a call at J&C RV 1-888-331-0003. They are currently in dispute with Keystone and are not dealing in Montanas but still sell other Keystone products. When I looked at a 3400 on his lot he explained to me how to check the slide adjustments for preventing leaks. He seemed to have a good handle on leak problems. Since they are in Port Richey FL it would be closer for you. Maybe Jeff would allow them to do the warranty work for you.
lightningjack11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2004, 02:59 PM   #24
Montana_2574

M.O.C. #2574
I too, am having tip out leaking problems. Our bedroom tipout is also growing mushrooms, and ourliving room tipout has a massive stain and smell where it is leaking in under the fireplace. We took it to the dealer who kept it 3 months, supposedly waiting to get approval from Keystone to fix it, but they only shampooed the carpet and sent it back. I am taking pictures and sending the mushrooms off for testing. I have contacted the factory and we are taking it in in jan. but I really dont'trust the unit anymore. The end of the fiberglass by the microwave is now bubbling and I am worried about termites. Such a beautiful unit, such a shame. We have a 2003 3295RK unit. The blinds keep breaking, the exhaust unit cranks keep breaking, we love our camper, but it just isn't fun anymore.
Montana_2574 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2004, 03:16 PM   #25
lightningjack11
Montana Master

M.O.C. #59
What I don't understand is why some of these units leak and others do not even though they are new trailers.

My oldy just went through two hurricanes with high winds and heavy rain. I expected leaks and got none.

Sorry about your problems. Wish I could offer more support.
lightningjack11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2004, 07:00 PM   #26
harleyrider
Montana Master

M.O.C. #627
I`am taking my Montana in-in January to have the bed room slide crack problem fixed.Also while its at the dealers they have this machine called I believe its called a "seal tester.what it is-is a machine that sets up inside the Montana and some how pressurizes from the inside.While the machine is doing its thing a Rv tech on the outside applys soapy water to the whole out side of the rigg.If leaks are present bubbles will appear where they are.The test is costing me $100 bucks,but I want it done before my warrenty runs out in March.Hopefully their will be NO bubbles but if they do appear the dealer will correct the problem and i`am expecting that Keystone will pick up the tab(not for the test) but if a repair does have to be made for leaks.

I`am also going to have a washer/dryer compo vented installed.I guess it would be asking to much for Keystone to pick up that tab as well.(laughing)
harleyrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2004, 02:19 PM   #27
Dave e Victoria
Montana Master

M.O.C. #635
I'm not sure I can add anything to this thread or not. Early on, we had a massive leak over the main slide. Turns out the roof of the slide was not straight. It had a significant bow. The bow was cured by taking the facia off the front of the slide(inside) and reinstalling while the roof was pushed into place. No more leaks and just to help things out, I later added slide awnings.

Now, my point is, our leak was so bad and the bow so large it was obvious. However, I suspect even a small uneven surface could prevent the seal from working. To inspect, have the slide about half way out. Then crawl up on a ladder so you can sight down the roof just behind the facia. The roof should be straight within about 1/4 inch all the way down.

Another check is to tilt the unit so rain will clearly run off that slide. If the leak goes away, the sel is not working and I'll bet the roof is uneven.
Dave e Victoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2004, 05:05 PM   #28
mobilrvn
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2056
BJ, don't know what the lemon laws are in FL, but if you don't get any relief in a reasonable time, get an attorney. Unfortunately, sometimes this is the only message they understand in the end and only the attorneys really win, but ...

Good luck and don't let the B******* grind you down.
mobilrvn is offline   Reply With Quote