Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 07-13-2008, 03:15 PM   #1
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
Sure Is Quiet!!!!!

Just MOC'ing around doing nothing and it sure is quiet on the MOC'ing forum!

Sometimes I wish we had a chat room (not!)

Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 03:33 PM   #2
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
Y'all are a bunch of "lurkers" out there. 6 reads and no replies.

I'm having withdrawal pains!
Old 07-13-2008, 04:56 PM   #3
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
I'm here! First read and I posted. Must not be talking about me, Wayne... .

Actually from your title, we are all supposed to be quiet?
dsprik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 05:28 PM   #4
Wayne and Carolyn Mathews
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7445
My sentiments, exactly, but I've been pretty quiet for some time myself. Our stick home was finished on June 25th. We signed all the papers on the 26th, and flew to Texas on the 27th without moving so much as a toothbrush into the new place. It wasn't a pleasure trip; we had to place my MIL in a nursing home that had an Alzheimer's unit. After that, we spent every day and the majority of the evenings packing her home, making small repairs, cleaning it, boxing her things, and getting the house on the market. Our only break from that was driving over to the nursing home to see her every day, a round-trip of 36 miles.

We returned to our Monty and new house on July 9th and have been scrambling to get our storerooms unpacked and the house ready for the first round of company arriving on the 29th. You can write this in stone: I will never, ever move again except to move from this house back into the Monty full-time. As Wayne and I struggled with a king-size mattress last night, we stopped for a break and asked ourselves again, why? Why? Love the new house, but love Monty-living a lot more. Life is too short to spend so much time worrying with stuff that we probably should have ditched years ago. I used to be a compulsive hoarder (well, you never know when you might need that coffe can, right?). No more. I'm cured.

That's my story. I've missed reading the boards, and will miss reading them again in a couple of days because I'm about to lose my internet service temporarily. Hmmm . . . maybe my daughter will let me use her computer in town.

Y'all keep writing. I'll keep reading! And, I'll be back.
Carolyn
Wayne and Carolyn Mathews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 03:19 AM   #5
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
Maybe some are out getting part time jobs to pay for fuel?? Ouchie.

We are twin sitting, 7 1/2 year girls, need I say more?? For 6 days. At the stick built, cause Tana is sick and cannot go camping.

Oh, oh, I hear something,

yes, yes, yes

it is:

GRAMMAAAAA, we don't know what to do!

Gotta go!
Mrs. CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 03:45 AM   #6
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
OR.....we could have been camping without internet access. It does lead to severe MOC withdrawal symptoms including but not limited to: convulsions, cold chills, insomnia, etc. But, the benefits of being camping were priceless. Spent a great weekend at Carter Caves, KY with Bill-N-Donna and their granddaughter. The weekend was much a much needed break from trying to ready the current house for sale. The lack of access to the MOC forum was a campfire topic as well as the myriad of posts that we both recalled and discussed. Thanks Bill and Donna for the invite!!
Bingo

Bingo and Cathy - Our adventures begin in the hills of WV. We are blessed by our 2014 3850FL Big Sky (previous 2011 3750FL and 2007 3400RL) that we pull with a 2007 Chevy Silverado Classic DRW CC dually.
bncinwv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 08:53 AM   #7
slewis
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5841
I'm here now, too Wayne. We'd never leave you alone!
I probably won't be able to answer you for a week or so now, George is taking the
card with him. He's driving his aunt to Shreveport to see her sister who is
dying of bone cancer. He's a good nephew! But, I'll be back and chat with you then,
kay?
Sandy
slewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 04:37 PM   #8
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
I'm so glad to see that there are those who can jump on in here and have some fun once in a while. It's just that I miss y'all when it is so quiet.

Y'all come back now, 'ya hear!!!
Old 07-14-2008, 07:46 PM   #9
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7445
Is a picture worth 1000 words? Two pictures? If so, here's a better explanation of why I can't play on the computer as much as I usually do! Just call this "Moving Madness."

Carolyn
Old 07-15-2008, 12:30 AM   #10
Wiarton William
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7790
Quiet???? It was quiet here for a couple of days ......seem to have forgotten our 30th wedding anniversary on Saturday....but as soon as I remembered(Ok, kids called and I realized the ooops) there is not a lot of quiet here now.....
Wiarton William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 07:26 AM   #11
OntMont
Montana Master

M.O.C. #122
...and the Roman Numerals for 30 are XXX. Congratulations on you anniversary.

OntMont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 01:11 PM   #12
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
Carolyn,
If you can't get your work done in 24 hours, WORK NIGHTS!
Old 07-15-2008, 05:19 PM   #13
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7445
Waynem, if I put any more work into my days and nights, I'd have to lobby for 30+ hour DAYS. Unpacking goes well when every item has a place, but boy, when I hit those boxes of stuff that I have to think about (keep, sell, donate, pawn off on the kids, et.), things come to a halt. Don't know whether it's good or bad, but I was the child of parents who not only kept everything that ever crossed their hands, but also kept everything my brother and I did while living at home. To complicate matters, they collected antiques, everything from Limoges china to square nails. My whole life I was told to never, ever get rid of this or that because it was valuable or it was "family." When I cleaned out their home a few years ago, I wound up with boxes of things like my first little handprint in plaster, the first tooth I lost, etc. Every time I dispose of something now, I can hear my mother saying, "Remember, that is valuable. It was Uncle Whatever's second cousin's first shoelace."

I did keep all that stuff for the last few years (scared not to keep it!). But now, out it goes. There actually was little of value in anything other than a few antiques, and since we are definitely outdoors-living, lodge-style home people, those Limoges tea sets don't work with our lifestyle!

And now, since you've made me feel guilty about taking off a few hours between midnight and dawn, I'm seriously considering getting dressed and going over to unpack more boxes. Nah, on second thought, NO, NO, NO! (Should have hosted a mini-MOC rally here and had contests to see who could unpack and put away the contents of randomly-chosen boxes the fastest.)

Carolyn
Old 07-16-2008, 02:42 PM   #14
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
Sounds like you need a yard sale, or a flea market experience!!!