Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MONTANA OWNERS CLUB COMMUNITY > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 10-18-2007, 12:51 PM   #1
Tiffensdad
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #7660
Jd and Mert - just about ready to go

Hi from JD and Mert. We are still stuck in the stick house for awhile but soon to be retired and hopefully on our way to fulltiming partime. We have to get moved and settled yet to the Pacific NW before we can really start but hope to be on the road late spring early summer.
Been spending alot of time on Forums learning the 'new' things that are happening as we have been out of our rig for almost 8 years.

We bought our Montana the end of September and have only had one trip so far. We plan on once a month until it is time to go just to get used to it and figure out what we need to get packed in it, like the canopener. We really like the rig and I know I will be searching and asking questions here on how to pack and utilize the space to the best, additions I should have etc. Looking forward to talking to you all and cannot wait to meet you on the road.

Jd is a Maintenance Supervisor for a Florida VA Hosp and Mert is a nurse for the same hospital. Together we have 68 years of service to the VA. Moved to Florida 5 years ago for the jobs and to see if Florida would be our 'home base'. We have decided that the home base will be the Pacific NW. Home will be where ever we park.

Tiffensdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 01:48 PM   #2
jretz
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6321
Welcome, we just recently sold the house and are now full fulltimers. Carolyn retired in July this year. The time goes fast looking forward to the day you can hit the road with no worries or job to go back to. Hope you have many happy adventures with your Montana. See you on the road.
jretz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 03:17 PM   #3
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
Welcome to the land of nomads. Not gypsies, not vagabonds, not transients, but nomads. It is fun, but nothing is Utopia or Shangrala. We enjoy the trip(s). Hope you will too.
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 03:19 PM   #4
trukdoc
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2220
Send a message via MSN to trukdoc
Welcome to the MOC. There is no question you could dream of that someone here will not have an answer/ opinion. This is a great forum.
Enjoy
trukdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 08:10 PM   #5
DONnANNIE
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6088
Send a message via AIM to DONnANNIE Send a message via Yahoo to DONnANNIE
Quote:
quote:Tiffensdad Posted - Oct 18 2007 : 6:51:28 PM
Hi from JD and Mert. We are still stuck in the stick house for awhile but soon to be retired and hopefully on our way to fulltiming partime. We have to get moved and settled yet to the Pacific NW before we can really start but hope to be on the road late spring early summer...
JD & Mert, Welcome to MOC. You couldn't have picked a better forum. I know that you will learn a lot, meet new friends and have fun.

What part of the Pacific NW are you planning on moving to? We are in the Spokane, WA area and just love it.
DONnANNIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 07:33 AM   #6
Tiffensdad
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #7660
We are originally from the Tacoma area, though we do have property up around Port Townsend that we are thinking of building on. Most likley we will be in the general area of Tacoma but who knows. We may enjoy ourselves so much that we just keep right on moving.
I do worry about not having enough to do, but I have been assured by friends who have retired that it should not be a problem... guess I will just have to learn to slow down...
Tiffensdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 10:58 AM   #7
DarMar
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1034
Welcome to the family, folks! Having just recently retired myself, let me assure you also that you will adjust to the new lifestyle just fine. When we talk in the future you will probably wonder, as I do, how in the world did I ever have time for work!!!
2017/3721RL/Legacy Pkg./Pressure-Pro
DarMar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 07:10 AM   #8
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Welcome and congratulations! I hope you find MOC not only useful for answering your questions but a place where you will make new friends. We have made so many good friends here. We have had the pleasure of meeting many in person.

Your plan sounds like a good one but many of us can tell you from experience that no matter how thorough you are, you will down the road find additional things you need, and some you don't. At least it has worked that way for us.

Good luck. Maybe we'll have the pleasure of meeting you next Spring, if our plans for the Pacific NW do not change.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 01:13 PM   #9
Driftwoodgal
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5446
Send a message via AIM to Driftwoodgal
Welcome to the forum and we are in a stick house as well. We aren't fulltimers, but are hoping to get to use our Monty more often since we are retired.

If you are in the Austin Texas area, look us up we would be glad to show you around.

Colleen
Driftwoodgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 01:31 PM   #10
Mudchief
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4961
Welcome and we hope all your plans come true. This is a great place for information and to meet great people.
1200 watts of Solar
Mudchief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 06:30 PM   #11
clutch
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7329
Welcome to the forum. We still have our house but since retiring we spend more time in the trailer. We are now one month into a six month stay in Az. Finding something to do has not been a problem for us.
clutch is offline   Reply With Quote