Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MONTANA OWNERS CLUB COMMUNITY > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 10-10-2007, 08:25 AM   #1
Exnavydiver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7753
Send a message via AIM to Exnavydiver Send a message via MSN to Exnavydiver Send a message via Yahoo to Exnavydiver
Greetings from FAR Northern Wisconsin

Howdy y'all, Betsy and I are going to pick up our new 340RLQ on the 17th. It is over a month late and we were hoping to be in Savannah by now but the delay was due to hopes that the new painted graphics would be available. They were so I guess that makes a difference. We wintered in the Savannah/North Fla area last season in our brand new Jayco 29FBS. We soon learned that with two 100 lb Labs that we would need more room if we went full time. When we got home in May we decided we loved the lifestyle so much that we would shift to the fulltime lifestyle. So we sold ALL our STUFF, did a bit of fix-up on the house and listed it. It hasn't sold yet but we are leaving as soon as the rig is packed and has a break-in trip. We ordered our new Big Sky in late June. It is coming our of the paint shop tomorrow and should ship Friday. We will be so glad to finally get it and get it packed and head south. I have been giving myself an ulcer this past month trying to get everything else ready for the trip. I was hoping that it would arrive in warm weather but that headed south Sunday. We had hoped to make it to the Escapees Escapade in Goshen and the Montana rally also but maybe next year. So much to do, so much to do, ARRRRGH! A quick question on the Big Sky, I asked to not have the central vacuum system installed, and had planned to have a custom cabinet door and shelves installed in it's place. Have any ou you other owners done a similar Mod?... Dave and Betsy javascript:insertsmilie('')
Big Smile

Exnavydiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 11:57 AM   #2
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
I think it was Ozz who moved his central vac and put in a cupboard there? Not sure... Welcome to the MOC forum!

BTW, Dave, I am an MTU grad. Familiar with your part of the country - although some is a blur...
dsprik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 01:49 PM   #3
Mudchief
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4961
Dave, Ozz put in and electric heater in that spot. I am currently in the middle of converting that spot into a storage area. I will post some pictures as soon as I get it complete.
1200 watts of Solar
Mudchief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 04:49 PM   #4
sailer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6977
So wher did you get the big sky out of that north country,, escanaba, mich at hill top john we are in crivitz in the 2 sumer months but now we are in the smokies headed for bonita springs , fl
sailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 05:00 PM   #5
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
Dennis, I would be interested in seeing those pics...
dsprik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 04:46 AM   #6
Wifeofdano
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5664
Dave & Betsy,
Welcome to the MOC! Know you're going to love your Big Sky! Can't help with your question though. I see in your profile that you're a tile setter. Dano and I have a ceramic tile store! Opps, here comes a customer - gotta go! Look forward to your posts!
Lisa
Wifeofdano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 05:15 AM   #7
Exnavydiver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7753
Send a message via AIM to Exnavydiver Send a message via MSN to Exnavydiver Send a message via Yahoo to Exnavydiver
John and Sharon, We got our rig from Greenway RV in Wisconsin Rapids. Dave, Linda and Lisa I neglected to add to my profile that I was also a cabinet maker in the past. We sold most of our stuff this summer but I did keep my raised panel cutters and the 3 horse router. Also some basic hand tools. If I get ambitious after getting down to Ga. I may attempt the conversion myself. The tools I did sell included ALL of my tile tools. Back in 98 when I was rockin and raking in the bucks doing tile installs I developed MS and decided to retire. I am doing great medically and taking my meds faithfully so I haven't had a flair-up since the diagnosis. But I didn't feel like doing the really heavy work anymore. Dave and Linda, isn't about time to head south? It is 37 this morning and we are two weeks late in bailing out of here. If we don't hurry we may get stuck up here in the frozen tundra nnnooooooooooooo!.... Dave and Betsy
Exnavydiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 06:57 AM   #8
kathynemitz

M.O.C. #3782
Good morning from Sparks Nevada. We are proud owners of a 2005 3400RL. Bill and I attended the Rally in Redmond OR. this last summer and had a great time. We are going to Tucson AZ for Thanksgiving, meeting friends from Denver. I am newly retired and Bill will be semi retired in about 18 months. We travel with our Bichon/Maltese male 2 year old-Gunner. We look forward to spending much more time on the road. Have a great day.

Kathy

kathynemitz is offline   Reply With Quote