Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Long Timers
Click Here to Login

Old 05-15-2007, 03:24 PM   #1
rrheik
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6292
Longtimer

It is time to become a longtimer again. Tomorrow we head out for a 4 month trip starting in Fredericksburg, Tx. and eventually ending up in Helena, Montana for three months, after stops in San Antonio, Tucson, and a few places in Nevada and Utah. Loaded up the 3000RK today and it is ready to hit the road.
Hope to see some of you along the way.

barb and bob

rrheik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 03:44 PM   #2
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Barb and Bob, sounds like an enjoyable trip. Enjoy and stay safe.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 04:36 PM   #3
Delaine and Lindy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6650
Thats a great trip we were there in 05. Utah and Montana are great. We would have been in Wyoming this summer but Delaine's mom had some medical problems. O'well next year maybe. Have fun, life is good. GBY...
Delaine and Lindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 05:10 PM   #4
rrheik
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6292
Thanks, hope Delaine's Mom is doing beter. Hope we see ya'all soon

barb and bob
Old 05-15-2007, 07:55 PM   #5
Lije Baley
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3890
Have a safe and wonderful trip. We can't wait for our chance to head out for a few months at a time. But wait we must, 18 1/2 months, and counting. It sounds like a great trip through the southwest, the deserts and into the Rockies.
Lije Baley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 04:40 AM   #6
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
Have a wonderful trip! It sounds like a great itinerary. Travel safe.
jrgwdenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 05:57 AM   #7
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Sounds like a great trip.Since our return from 112 days on the road (wintering) we have been camping with our local group or the FCRV group.Our schedule has been out on Thursday, in on Sunday then do it all over again. We are spending more time in the 3400 and on the road than in our stick house and that is becoming a problem in terms of keeping up with the chores and Maint of the stick house..HUMMMMMMMM... We are heading in the general direction of Mt Rushmore in June and have copied and saved several post on itinerary.Hope to cover N&S Dakota, Wyoming and CO.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007, 06:35 AM   #8
rrheik
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6292
Thanks all for the kind words. We just meant up for 4 other family friends in Fredericksburg to wish us a good journey. Sort of an interesting group, one couple in a tent, one a popup, one travel trailer, and one 5er. You guessed it, ages 20's to 60s. The startup couples with tent and popups, to us old folks who are now ready for all the comforts of the great outdoors. It sure is fun seeing the excitement of the young couple with their first popup. Remember those days? You all have great trips this summer.

barb and bob
Old 05-28-2007, 11:46 AM   #9
vabluebird
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6155
Samuel and I haven't moved the Monty since we got back from FL 4/3 so
we are anxiously looking forward to getting the Monty from storage on Tuesday 5/29. We will be heading up to Kutztown, PA for the NE Rally. Looking forward to good fellowship, good food and good camping.

After we leave there on Sun. or Mon. we will continue North to Westminster, VT (30 miles N of MA on I-91) That's where my family is.
Haven't seen them since Oct of 06. Hope to go Swanton, VT from there and head across NY to the Saint Lawrence Seaway. We will follow it to Alexandria Bay, NY and pick up I-81 south to Roanoke, VA and home.
vabluebird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 04:20 AM   #10
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
Have a wonderful trip, Sallie and Samuel. That sounds like a great trip for the hot summer months.

We are returning home, arriving tomorrow, after five months on the road. We left the day after Christmas. We still in vacation mode as we have two precious little travelers with us. Grace and Emily, our granddaughters are with us and will spend a week with us and help us open the stick house. I'm sure we'll be spending a few hours at the swimming pool! It's a great lifestyle.
jrgwdenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 06:51 AM   #11
vabluebird
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6155
Judy,
I'm glad to see we're not the only ones who can't seem to get rid of the stick house. It was suppost to be our retirement home and I guess it still will be. This way we can go for 6 months to Fla and have a wonderful place on the lake to come back to. It's paid for and the park rent here is only $150 a month. We pay $1800 a year because the house is stationary.

The Monty is always ready to go on a trip if we so chose. Really looking forward to the Rally. I guess full-timing is just not for everybody.
Old 06-16-2007, 05:42 PM   #12
vabluebird
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6155
We made the trip in the new Big Sky and really enjoyed upstate NY and the Saint Lawrence Seaway. Got to travel I-81 from Alexandria Bay to Roanoke, VA. Saw the Esihowner Locks while up there. Also the FDR Power DAm.