Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 07-08-2020, 12:20 PM   #1
Rusty's 2018 3661

M.O.C. #25602
Faulty Ground Problem

I need y’all’s help....I just pulled in from camping and plugged my 50amp into the 30amp/20amp cord that I use at home to run the fridge and keep the battery charged. The problem is my control panel is telling me I have a “Faulty Ground”. Has anyone else experienced this?? I’ve already changed the cord that I’ve been using but that didn’t help! Thanks in advance for your feedback!!

Rusty's 2018 3661 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2020, 01:17 PM   #2
GAinaMontana
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #20747
Have you ever checked the wire lugs on the backside of the twist lock receptacle on the rear of the rv. Sometimes those don't get properly tightened at the factory and work loose.
GAinaMontana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2020, 08:12 PM   #3
rohrmann
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12947
Several years ago, we arrived in a park, set up everything and Becky came out and said the power was not turned on. The shore cable was plugged in at both ends and the pedestal breaker was on. Turned out, the EMS would not power up the rig because the ground was missing. The park electrician tore apart the pedestal and everything was connected. While plugging and unplugging the cable with and without a 30 amp adapter just to test the sockets in the pedestal, I pulled apart the adapter from the 50 amp shore cable plug, and the ground prong stayed in the adapter. The prong broke inside the molded plug and there was no visible indication of the broken prong. Maybe an ohm meter should be used to check continuity from both ends of the shore cable.
rohrmann is offline   Reply With Quote