Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 08-16-2020, 05:07 PM   #1
Bob and Jeannette
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #22589
Ice Maker Water Connection

Hey folks, wondering what I have to do to connect my ice maker to water and anything else to make it give ice. Thanks in advance.

Bob and Jeannette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2020, 05:21 PM   #2
sourdough
Montana Master

M.O.C. #26010
As far as I know you connect city water and turn it on. You have to have the valves for the icemaker turned on of course and if the fridge is like mine (Samsung) the icemaker itself has to be turned on in the fridge.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2020, 06:00 PM   #3
Bob and Jeannette
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #22589
Quote:
Originally Posted by sourdough View Post
As far as I know you connect city water and turn it on. You have to have the valves for the icemaker turned on of course and if the fridge is like mine (Samsung) the icemaker itself has to be turned on in the fridge.
City water... check
Ice Maker Off... OFF
Only valve under sink is a redirect to low point drain

It is a Samsung and the overflow ice arm will not freely move down into the on position which sounds like the problem. Great help so far any thoughts on the arm?
Old 08-16-2020, 06:12 PM   #4
triplebvalp
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #26098
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob and Jeannette View Post
City water... check
Ice Maker Off... OFF
Only valve under sink is a redirect to low point drain

It is a Samsung and the overflow ice arm will not freely move down into the on position which sounds like the problem. Great help so far any thoughts on the arm?
Bob, are you sure the only valve is under the sink. Most everyone agrees that there are 2 water valves. One under the sink and another near the fridge inside a cabinet or behind a drawer.

And, the "icemaker off" indication is somewhat confusing. There is a icemaker off button, and when depressed, a little blue light might come on. That "on" light actually indicated that the icemaker is off.

One more tip. Once you have the water connect, all the valves on, icemaker on (no little blue indicator light), there is a reset button under the ice maker that you might have to press a few times to purge the water line. You cant see the button, it's on the bottom of the ice maker, towards the front, about in the middle. Press and hold the button for a couple of seconds. The ice maker will go through the motions of dumping ice and filling the tray.
Reese M5 - 20K
triplebvalp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2020, 06:21 PM   #5
Bob and Jeannette
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #22589
Quote:
Originally Posted by triplebvalp View Post
Bob, are you sure the only valve is under the sink. Most everyone agrees that there are 2 water valves. One under the sink and another near the fridge inside a cabinet or behind a drawer.

And, the "icemaker off" indication is somewhat confusing. There is a icemaker off button, and when depressed, a little blue light might come on. That "on" light actually indicated that the icemaker is off.

One more tip. Once you have the water connect, all the valves on, icemaker on (no little blue indicator light), there is a reset button under the ice maker that you might have to press a few times to purge the water line. You cant see the button, it's on the bottom of the ice maker, towards the front, about in the middle. Press and hold the button for a couple of seconds. The ice maker will go through the motions of dumping ice and filling the tray.
Thanks so much for the help. I have an island with no second valve that I see, the ice off light is not lit, the plastic arm on the left side of the ice maker that acts as an ice overflow stop is fully up in the don’t make ice position and it does not want to pull down easily and I don’t want to break it.
Old 08-16-2020, 06:38 PM   #6
Patrickdoran
Established Member

M.O.C. #26161
Bob, I have a little black plastic box adjacent to the fridge. When I removed that box, there is a valve for the icemaker. Not sure if you have something similar.
Old 08-16-2020, 06:38 PM   #7
triplebvalp
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #26098
Quote:
Thanks so much for the help. I have an island with no second valve that I see, .
I have an island also. One valve is under the sink, the other valve is in a cabinet just to the left of the fridge. If I remember correctly, I have heard folks say that they have a second valve behind the drawer under the oven.
Reese M5 - 20K
Old 08-16-2020, 06:55 PM   #8
Bob and Jeannette
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #22589
Quote:
I have an island also. One valve is under the sink, the other valve is in a cabinet just to the left of the fridge. If I remember correctly, I have heard folks say that they have a second valve behind the drawer under the oven.
Eureka! I found the valve behind the drawer under the oven. Anyone know how to release the drawer and remove it?

Also the “too much ice” overflow arm does not want to come down any thoughts.

Thanks guys if I seem like a novice it’s because I am.
Old 08-16-2020, 07:08 PM   #9
triplebvalp
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #26098
Quote:
Eureka! I found the valve behind the drawer under the oven. Anyone know how to release the drawer and remove it?

Also the “too much ice” overflow arm does not want to come down any thoughts.

Thanks guys if I seem like a novice it’s because I am.
That's great news. I'm not certain about that particular drawer but, I know the island drawers have a little "trigger" on each side within the drawer slide.

Also, have you pressed the reset button on the ice maker ... that might put it through a cycle and release that arm. If it does, press the button several times to get the ice maker to cycle and purge the water line.
Reese M5 - 20K
Old 08-16-2020, 07:34 PM   #10
Bob and Jeannette
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #22589
Quote:
That's great news. I'm not certain about that particular drawer but, I know the island drawers have a little "trigger" on each side within the drawer slide.

Also, have you pressed the reset button on the ice maker ... that might put it through a cycle and release that arm. If it does, press the button several times to get the ice maker to cycle and purge the water line.
I missed the catches but once engaged the drawer popped right out of its tracks. Turned the valve counter clockwise. Pressed reset button and watched it turn 180 degrees then back. Heard a solenoid activate to the left of the valve somewhere but no water going into the tray. I feel like I am there what am I missing?
Old 08-16-2020, 07:38 PM   #11
triplebvalp
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #26098
Quote:
I missed the catches but once engaged the drawer popped right out of its tracks. Turned the valve counter clockwise. Pressed reset button and watched it turn 180 degrees then back. Heard a solenoid activate to the left of the valve somewhere but no water going into the tray. I feel like I am there what am I missing?
If the valve is on the handle will be parallel to the water line. Same with the other valve. You might have to press the button several times to purge the water line. Press and hold the button until you hear a beep. Let go, the ice maker should run through a cycle ,,, repeat this process several times until you see water being dispensed into the ice maker tray.
Reese M5 - 20K
Old 08-26-2020, 01:49 PM   #12
mike18708

M.O.C. #24513
There is another valve behind the back of the lower cabinet next to the refrigerator. There are 4 to 6 screws to remove...pull the panel out and there's the valve.
2003 Dodge 3500 Dually Diesel
mike18708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2020, 02:04 PM   #13
ejerni
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #24555
Ice maker valve

Quote:
Hey folks, wondering what I have to do to connect my ice maker to water and anything else to make it give ice. Thanks in advance.
The valve for our ice maker in our 3791rd is behind a panel in the back of the cabinet next to our fridge.
ejerni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2020, 04:08 PM   #14
Jodybug

M.O.C. #26461
The second valve is behind the drawer under the oven. I still haven't gotten my icemaker to work. I'm thinking the arm has something to do with it.
Jodybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2020, 05:35 PM   #15
triplebvalp
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #26098
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jodybug View Post
I'm thinking the arm has something to do with it.
Jodybug, when you press the reset button, does the ice maker dump and then fill with water? If not, you may have to press the reset button several times until water is present. Also, is the ice maker turn on --- there is a button marker "ice maker", when depressed, a little light will come on or go off depending on what position the button is in. If there is a little light that is on, that actually indicates that the ice maker is off.
Reese M5 - 20K
Old 08-26-2020, 06:08 PM   #16
muster

M.O.C. #25565
Bob, you may be missing what I was missing a couple months ago on our new 3855BR. I was also unable to get water to the ice maker. Me also being a novice checked with the dealer and called Keystone with neither being any help. What I found was that I needed to have the valve on behind the drawer under the stove and also the value on under the sink. When I turned the value on under the sink it dumped water out the drain tube which comes out underneath by the axles. When I crawled under the fifth and put the cap on the drain tube and turned the valve on under the sink, I finally had water in the ice maker.
muster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2020, 06:23 PM   #17
Jritz
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #25583
I have a 3855br and I have behind the drawer under the oven is a valve that needs to be turned on along with the one under the sink. Then you can have ice.
Jritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2020, 07:19 PM   #18
Bob and Jeannette
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #22589
Quote:
Originally Posted by muster View Post
Bob, you may be missing what I was missing a couple months ago on our new 3855BR. I was also unable to get water to the ice maker. Me also being a novice checked with the dealer and called Keystone with neither being any help. What I found was that I needed to have the valve on behind the drawer under the stove and also the value on under the sink. When I turned the value on under the sink it dumped water out the drain tube which comes out underneath by the axles. When I crawled under the fifth and put the cap on the drain tube and turned the valve on under the sink, I finally had water in the ice maker.
You have got to be kidding me! I am glad for the info! What did you use to cap it?
Old 08-27-2020, 04:56 AM   #19
Tom N OH
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #17678
The cap was on our drain line, but just by a thread. Same thing, water everywhere. Had to crawl under there & tighten it up while trying not to get soaking wet.
Tom N OH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2020, 06:29 AM   #20
DebNJim B
Montana Master

M.O.C. #21158
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom N OH View Post
The cap was on our drain line, but just by a thread. Same thing, water everywhere. Had to crawl under there & tighten it up while trying not to get soaking wet.
The cap was tight on our drain line, but when I opened the valve behind the drawer I got a bath because it was improperly installed at the factory.

DebNJim B is offline   Reply With Quote