Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 01-28-2020, 09:39 AM   #1
98vols#1

M.O.C. #25678
puck covers

Hello! new to this forum and love it! lots of great info!
we got a 5th wheel last year and took in out locally 5 times. My question is: do i need to have the outer portion of the puck covers in the bed when i put the hitch in? a couple got damaged by a shovel and was wondering if i needed to order replacements.....
Thanks for any info!

98vols#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2020, 05:20 PM   #2
luckeyd
Established Member

M.O.C. #25356
No, they are a cosmetic device only. On my previous F250, when i took out hitch always put them in, then saw many more trucks without them. Stopped using them, never gave it another thought for 3 years. New truck now, put the covers in plastic bag under rear seat. Replacements are not worth the cost IMHO.

2020 Montana 3121RL Legacy
luckeyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2020, 09:34 AM   #3
PSFORD99
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9051
Quote:
Originally Posted by luckeyd View Post
No, they are a cosmetic device only. On my previous F250, when i took out hitch always put them in, then saw many more trucks without them. Stopped using them, never gave it another thought for 3 years. New truck now, put the covers in plastic bag under rear seat. Replacements are not worth the cost IMHO.
I think he is referring to the outer plastic portion, not the caps that cover the hole. Anyway I don't think it would make much difference if that part was not there. I do notice on mine they are slightly flattened from the hitch .
PSFORD99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2020, 04:16 PM   #4
98vols#1

M.O.C. #25678
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSFORD99 View Post
I think he is referring to the outer plastic portion, not the caps that cover the hole. Anyway I don't think it would make much difference if that part was not there. I do notice on mine they are slightly flattened from the hitch .
You're correct....was talking about the outer covers. The hitch worked fine just takes time to seat the hitch in the holes as they keep moving when i put it in......
98vols#1 is offline   Reply With Quote