Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 07-02-2019, 06:37 PM   #1
Illini Trekker
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2733
Unknown drip

I’m an owner of a used 3402RL and near the drivers side rear of the camper there’s a pipe that is dripping water/fluid. This could be a vent for my gray tank because once the gray tank was over filled water/gray started to flow from this hose. What I don’t understand is why fluid would be dripping all the time?

Illini Trekker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2019, 06:51 PM   #2
1retired06
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12156
If the pipe you are describing is extending out from the bottom of the fifthwheel, threaded at the end, with a screwcap at the end, that is the drain for your fresh water tank. The cap may have threads stripped or could be loose allowing dripping if you keep your fresh tank filled. If you are describing the black drain pipe where your cable (valve) dump pull is located, the valve itself may be leaking because of gasket failure or inability to completely close. Normally when a gray tank overfills, you get backup at the shower or sink.
F350 crew cab dually 6.7
1retired06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2019, 07:13 PM   #3
speedster100
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #17566
Yes that does sound like the area your fresh water tank is in. If you overfilled your grey tank and water started leaking it sounds to me like you have a gasket at the waste valve leaking or a cracked grey tank. The water might have then migrated out the hole where the fresh water tank drain is... I had to fix our grey water tank, we filled it (water rises in the shower through the drain) and then it started leaking out the corroplast through a small round hole I punched in it to see when/if I had a leak in the underbelly systems. What I found was that the water was coming out the top of the Grey Water tank right at the stack joint (vent pipe) as they did not install it properly on the grey tank at the factory, thus one side had never been sealed. I used a plastic weld repair kit and now good... Good luck tracking it down... You might want to poke a small pen sized hole through the corrplast up by the waste tanks to see if the underbelly is full of water to start. Can cover hole with Gorilla tape after.
speedster100 is offline   Reply With Quote