Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Full Timing in your Montana
Click Here to Login

Old 01-31-2009, 10:27 AM   #1
vmassey

M.O.C. #8877
Part Time Work on Computer????

I love living in our Montana! We currently work on call, never know when we may have to respond but usually do not work more than 15 hours a week. I would like to do some part time work on my computer (or in some other capacity around Atlanta). Anyone have any ideas?

vmassey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 10:57 AM   #2
ols1932
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1944
If you have some background in Graphic Arts, there are a lot of opportunities out there. My wife does photo restoring, slide shows, and creates and maintains six websites.

Orv
ols1932 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 03:54 PM   #3
Wayne and Carolyn Mathews
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7445
I second the graphic arts idea, if you have the computer to handle the demands of graphics programs, and if you have several stong graphics programs. You don't necessarily need those programs if you're good at doing your own graphics work bit by bit, but there are so many good programs available now that unless you just wanted to spend the time to produce a design from scratch, it's a lot more cost-effective to use software programs.

Think beyond the basics, the things that can easily be produced by anyone with a $29.99 program. (For example, my 7-year-old granddaughter can make great greeting cards, cover pages, etc., using my old PrintShop program. She's even produced some cute business cards for her lemonade stand.) There's a big market for laser-cut decals now; they all begin at the computer. We've seen people set up at fairs, trade shows, and other venues selling those things as fast as they can produce them.

Photo work and web site design and maintenance is a good field now. I did basic (very basic) web sites for a couple of local businesses; after the initial setup, the maintenance is fairly quick, except for one of the sites which requires nearly daily changing of photos and info (cowdog sales).

Decide what you can do and then market yourself and your services. No matter what the tech world would have you believe, there are still a lot of people out there who don't have a computer and/or tech knowledge and don't want to bother becoming tech-saavy so they can function in the computer world. That's where you step in and SHINE!

Carolyn

PS: I'm not going New Age or anything on you here, but there is some merit in Following Your Bliss . . . doing something you enjoy. I'd stay at my computer all night playing with photo projects and graphics if I didn't have to go to work 5 days a week at my real job.
Wayne and Carolyn Mathews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 06:41 PM   #4
D and M On The Road
Montana Master

M.O.C. #49
Apply online to work for Google as a "Quality Ads Rater". It pays between $15 & $20 per hour. You do it at your convenience and there is a 10 hour minimum a week requirement. The job description is very vague and the people that currently do the job won't talk about it as they signed a privacy clause.

If you google "quality ads rater" you can come up with what information is out there and also how to apply.

It's not a bad deal if you can get hired as you can do it from any location, you just need to have a high speed internet connection.

Oops! I almost forgot.... these jobs are considered "temporary". They can last 6 months, 1 year or two years, all at Google's discretion.
D and M On The Road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 12:29 AM   #5
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
More info on Google "Quality Ads Rater"

Sounds like something I might look into.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 08:01 AM   #6
Andy
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5871
Glenn, I'd be careful, it says a

* Strong ability to read and write in the English language.
and

* Excellent written communication skills.
Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 08:37 AM   #7
D and M On The Road
Montana Master

M.O.C. #49
Alot of stay-at-home-moms do this job and they are also looking for people who speak different languages. If you can find their "jobs" page, it lists all the languages they are looking for.

I encourage people who are interested in this, to "google" for the information as there are many sites that talk about these jobs and I learned alot more from those sites than I did actually from the official Google site.
D and M On The Road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 10:20 AM   #8
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
If they are interested in JibJab, we can all apply!
Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 02:11 PM   #9
vmassey

M.O.C. #8877
You guys are wonderful! I thank you for your response and interest. That is why we "retired" and moved into a Montana!!!! Love you!
vmassey is offline   Reply With Quote