Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 09-09-2007, 03:53 AM   #21
SlickWillie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6575
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Hemlockusa

It would be nice of Good Sam or someone with a large base would work on an international fishing license for those over 65 or full time, where we would pay one fee and be able to fish any where in the US.
II would make sense as we would all buy bait and rent boats etc to get the fish, so they may loose the license fee, but ever state would gain by what we spent fishing.. instead of NOT FISHING AT ALL. THINK ABOUT IT. I think it would be a great cause for a big organization to push..... Later John
John, I met a gentleman in Aransas Pass this past spring that said he has been working the politicians for such a license. It would be great to be able to fish anywhere with one license.

We love to fish in LA, but the yearly license fee is $200 for the two of us. We're not quite at the age for the LA/TX reciprocal license fee. And that is probably cheap compared to some other states. DW and I just renewed our license here in TX to a tune of $76. BTW, I felt obliged to try the new license out Thursday morning. Fishing was slow, but we caught a nice mess of bluegills, and a dozen nice catfish.

SlickWillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 04:03 AM   #22
SlickWillie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6575
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by dchafer

Fishing,,,, we are at the lake here in Ontario and fish for walleye, just had a nice fish fry... then come fall we head to Port Aransas, Texas and do some jetty fishing,, o what fun, reds, flounder, sheepshead, trout etc... so much to do.. we both love to fish.. Dennis goes out on the party boats also and has some fun...
Life is good.
We're heading to Aransas Pass in a couple weeks. The park we stay in has a pier that goes to the edge of the ICW. We also fish along the causeway between Aransas Pass and the ferry to Port Aransas. We tried the jetties last spring, but lost too many rigs due to the rocks. Any tips to keep from hanging in those rocks?
Old 09-09-2007, 04:16 AM   #23
dchafer
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4203
Send a message via Yahoo to dchafer
To avoid hangups, use a lemon rig hookup, 3 way swivel and a 12 inch leader to the float/lemon..and then your lead whatever length you want, I put about 2-3 feet, with your bait.. This seems to save some hook ups and still put you in the fish zone.
Also, once you cast out, do not start retrieving until you give a good jerk to lift your bait and sinker out of the rocks, then you can reel in . We also use a long rod, 8-9 ft. such as a downrigger rod.
Hope this helps... Dennis
Fishing should be good then,, we will be there 3rd week of October...
dchafer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 09:44 AM   #24
SlickWillie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6575
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by dchafer

To avoid hangups, use a lemon rig hookup, 3 way swivel and a 12 inch leader to the float/lemon..and then your lead whatever length you want, I put about 2-3 feet, with your bait.. This seems to save some hook ups and still put you in the fish zone.
Also, once you cast out, do not start retrieving until you give a good jerk to lift your bait and sinker out of the rocks, then you can reel in . We also use a long rod, 8-9 ft. such as a downrigger rod.
Hope this helps... Dennis
Fishing should be good then,, we will be there 3rd week of October...
Had to look that up. Apparently made using those squeeze lemon or lime bottles. I'll sure try that when we get there. Had lots of current when we fished the jetties in April. Tide in or out I suppose. Thanks for the tips. BTW, I carry a couple pretty long rods too.
Old 09-09-2007, 09:58 AM   #25
Countryfolks
Montana Master

M.O.C. #116
I only fly fish now. There are only lakes, rivers and streams in AR. I fish the river for trout using flies I tie. I've thought about going after bass and crappie with the fly rod, haven't done it yet though.

Skip
Countryfolks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 06:25 AM   #26
Wandering Star
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #50
Heading to Cape Cod this week end for three or four weeks, we will be surf fishing for striper's. We four wheel on the beach and get away from the crowd, actually at this time of the year the crowd has left and the weather is beautiful. As and extra bonus the trout fishing is also great. One of the best kept secrets on the Cape is the fresh water fishing. There are a lot of fresh water spring fed ponds, they are called kettle ponds made by glaciers. They are well stocked with Brown,rainbow, and brook trout also land lock salmon. Large and small mouth bass are also abundant. Claming is also great. If you like seafood this is the place to be.
Jon
Wandering Star is offline   Reply With Quote