Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 10-26-2006, 09:16 AM   #1
Wifeofdano
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5664
It's that time again

Well, it's that time of year again for the great deer hunt! Dano got a nice doe on opening day here in Georgia last Saturday. I, naturally was sleeping in, until the 30/30 blast made me sit straight up wide awake at 10:11 am! He hunts on our land, so any shots sound like they're right outside the window! It made me start to think of what I could do different this season on weekend mornings besides watching movies, talking on the phone, basically doing nothing. I'm thinking that I'll finish de-junking the house and do some more decorating in the Monty - new curtains, pillows, etc... So, I was wondering how many Moc wives are out there with me? and what do you do when the men go out on the hunt?

Wifeofdano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 09:47 AM   #2
txkrumm
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5920
Lisa,
I am ususally in the thick of it with Steve. I love to hunt as much as he does, so we hunt together. Of course, he has to let me shoot first. Now that's true love...
We are kinda going through withdrawl. Being in southern Califorinia during elk season is the pits! No hunting for us this year...
tara
txkrumm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 10:17 AM   #3
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
Tara,
Just rolled through Livingston this morning and I won't tell you what I saw in the back of a truck at the fuel station. =) Anyhow, does the wind EVER stop blowing in Livingston??? LOL!
Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 11:16 AM   #4
Wifeofdano
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5664
Tara, Dan has tried to get me to go out with him before. Says I could just shoot em with my video camera! I might one of these days. That's cool that Steve lets you shoot first! What's the biggest one you've gotten? Lisa
Old 10-26-2006, 09:17 PM   #5
txkrumm
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5920
Dave,
OOHH, I am sooo jealous. Bet it was a monster elk! Yum Yum.... and no...the wind never quits. It has been known to blow trains off the track, even loaded! And it also does a number on tractor trailers. Be careful and detour if you are pulling your Monty through there...

Lisa,
I only shoot for meat; not horns. I let others shoot "the big ones". Even though I have had the chance, I have never shot anything that had horns. Just don't really want to! Cows and does are always better eating anyhow.
t
txkrumm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 02:27 PM   #6
wswebster
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1249
I cook a big breakfast for my husband and sons. We also live on our hunting land, and when their ready to eat it's ready. Stacy
wswebster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 07:59 PM   #7
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
Lisa,
Go with them! That's what I did when I was in your shoes. I was a better shot than my ex-husband and went with him at every opportunity. I have bagged my quota. However, he also hunted with bow and arrow and I couldn't match him there. My mouth is watering over the great meals you are going to have.
Happy trails..................................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 03:05 AM   #8
Wifeofdano
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5664
Okay, maybe I will go out with him this year. I am a pretty good shot. I think that I would rather film them than shoot them. I don't mind cleaning them & cooking, but I don't know if I really want to kill one.
Tara - Dan hunts for the meat too.
Stacy - Good woman!
Sue - My mouth is watering too. That backstrap was AWESOME!