Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 12-24-2004, 10:13 AM   #21
Random Line
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7
I think we could save some forum space if just the people who havn't yet bonked themselves on some part of their rig would just sign here.

As for me as soon as we get home I am unretiring a hard hat that is now in storage.

I wonder what kind of decal or logo should be on the front of it?
Maybe "AMP" (Absent Mind Protection)

Random Line is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2005, 02:05 AM   #22
Montana_1362
Established Member

M.O.C. #1362
Grew up on a dairy farm and did not have the fancy parlor but the old manger barn style, and to feed the cows you walked around front and had to duck under a 16"x16" beam. many a times I leveled myself on that beam until it "sunk" in. Now I've come close on the sliders and every time I have flashbacks of that old beam. so I try to take my time by those ole head busters.
Montana_1362 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2005, 02:59 AM   #23
Montana_2230
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2230
I would like to report that I have resolved my problem, I attached three red streamers to small pieces of velcro that hang down from our bedroom slide. They work and have saved my noggin a couple times already. I also slide a pad over the corners of the slide at the bottom.
Montana_2230 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2005, 04:32 AM   #24
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
I have now discovered a way of not hiting myself on the slide. Shortly after my reply here on December 18th I went to Home Depot and bought some foam pipe insulation. I placed it on the entire lower edge of the slide and about a foot up on both ends. Since putting the foam on I have not come even close to hitting my head but I am now afraid of what will happen when I remove it for traveling.

Random Line, you don't have another retired hard hat laying around do ya?
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2005, 03:17 PM   #25
Merv
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1001
the worse part (besides the pain and the little birdies) is the thought that someone might have seen me do this. after i get my whits again, i always look to see if anyone is laughing.

Merv
Merv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2005, 10:36 AM   #26
Montana_265
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #265
Sounds like a great opportunity... any inventors out there? A magnetic, padded, thingamajig to attach to the lower edge of the slide... padded enough that you don't wake up on the ground. Bright in color.... hummmmmm is there a copyrite lawyer in the crowd?
Montana_265 is offline   Reply With Quote