Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 10-30-2011, 04:42 PM   #1
GeneO
Established Member

M.O.C. #11902
Mor/Ryde suspension

I have a 2011 3150 Montana the unit sqeaks after all jacks are down and the unit is level any suggestions. I crawled underneath it seems to come from the springs.

GeneO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 04:56 PM   #2
sfish
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10234
JT Stabilizers ,It did away with the noise for me.I also put the scissor chalks between the tires.
sfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 05:19 PM   #3
H. John Kohl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #311
Send a message via AIM to H. John Kohl Send a message via MSN to H. John Kohl Send a message via Yahoo to H. John Kohl
I have JT Stabilizers, scissor chalks but removed the squeaks and "spring bounce" with scissor jacks just in front of tires.
H. John Kohl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 06:00 PM   #4
drknapp
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9135
I have the same issue when my x-chocks loosen up. When they are tight we don't hear the squeaks.
Old 10-30-2011, 07:59 PM   #5
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
Yup, after installing the X-chocks it's a good idea to check them periodically. It seems when you first install them and you've just finished a long drive the air in the tires will cool and shrink causing the X-chock to loosen. I learned about this camping near Yosemite on a sloped site, and even with X-chocks the wife freaked cuz she thought the rig was moving. I went outside to check the X-chocks and they were BOTH loose, one of them like it wasn't even installed. WHEW. I tightened back down real good and reported back, "everything is good, it must have been your imagination" and she's never worried about it again and I now check and recheck. I also use triangle chocks at the tires it we are on any kind of front to back slope, for just in case. too. Ir would have been a long way down that small hill and I couldn't imagine THAT story.

In our rig, the floor squeaks, I don't hear any nose outside. In other topics others have had some suggestions but the noise doesn't bother us so we haven't done anything. If the outside jacks, chocks and suspension squeaked, I'd be much more concerned.
Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 07:07 AM   #6
bighornram
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #11619
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Art-n-Marge

would have been a long way down that small hill and I couldn't imagine THAT story.
WOW, I've had dreams errr nightmares about that same thing happening!
bighornram is offline   Reply With Quote