Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 07-18-2007, 10:21 AM   #1
campbud
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3142
Credit Card debt after you pass

A lady died this past January, and Citibank billed her for February & March for their annual service charges on her credit card, & added late fees and interest on the monthly charge. The balance had been $0.00; now somewhere around $60.00. A family member placed a call to Citibank here's the exchange:

Family Member: "I am calling to tell you she died in January."

Citibank: "The account was never closed and the late fees & charges still apply"

Family Member: "Maybe, you should turn it over to collections."

Citibank: "Since it is 2 months past due, it already has been."

Family Memb er: So, what will they do when they find out she is dead?"

Citibank: "Either report her account to frauds division or report her to the credit bureau, maybe both!"

Family Member: "Do you think God will be mad at her?"
(I really liked this part!!!!)

Citibank: "Excuse me?"

Family Member: "Did you just get what I was telling you the part about her being dead?"

Citibank: "Sir, you'll have to speak to my supervisor." (Duh!)
(Supervisor gets on the phone):

Family Member: "I'm calling to tell you, she died in January."

Citibank: "The account was never closed, so the late fees and charges still apply." (This must be a phrase taught by the bank!)

Family Member: "Do you mean you want to collect from her estate?"

Citibank: (Stammering) "Are you her lawyer?"

Family Member: "No, I'm her great ne phew."

Citibank: "Could you fax us a certificate of death?"

Family Member: "Sure." (Fax number is given) After they get the fax:

Citibank: "Our system just isn't setup for death. I don't know what more I can do to help."

Family Member: "Well, if you figure it out, great! If not, you coul d just keep billing her. I really don't think she will care."

Citibank: "Well, the late fees & charges do still apply."
(What is wrong with these people?!?)

Family Member: "Would you like her new billing address?"

Citibank: "Yes, that will help."

Family Member:< /B> "Odessa Memorial Cemetery , Highway 129, Plot Number 69."

Citibank: "Sir, that's a cemetery!"

Family Member: "What do you do with dead people on your planet??

campbud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 04:37 PM   #2
Okie Guy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6054
I love it!
When my godmother passed away the cell phone company wanted her daughter to pay an early contract termination fee. She told them to kiss her behind and take her mom to court then walked out. I laugh every time I think about it.
Okie Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 05:53 AM   #3
skypilot
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1846
What's also sad is that there are people who would pay these fees/renewals.
skypilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 08:01 AM   #4
dersequim
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #549
When Nancy was in Desert Center, Palm Springs, after falling out of our 5'er. This RUDE women from billing kept calling her room demanding we pay our $1500 co-pay. I went to the Patient Advocate and asked her to inform her that Regence told me I did not have to pay them ahead of time and they would handle it when DC billed them. This was due to the fact it was a deductable not a Co-pay. She told me,
"In California if you die in a hospital, the state pays ALL your
expenses". BUT the hospitals STILL sends bills to the family and MOST pay them. I never did check into that but I wouldn't be suprised!
dersequim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 08:37 AM   #5
skypilot
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1846
I'm fighting an insurance vs. medical bill now - EOBs from insurance say I owe nothing -- primary paid what they allow (Doc wrote off per agreement with Insurance); 2nd Insurance paid the difference left. However, Doc office has been billing me for the 'write-off' amount; threatened to send to collection. I had insurance write them back; got a letter from from Doc saying would not send to collection but if I ever needed treatment there again I'd have to pay all expenses up-front. So guess I better never need to see that foot doc again!!!
skypilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 09:25 AM   #6
simonsrf
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3120
Common sense is gone.

Interesting, supports the theory that 70% of all people have a below average of intelligence.

Have you noticed how hard it is to get people to speak their own words instead of reading something written by someone else?

Recently, had a conversation with an insurance company clerk that wanted to increase my auto insurance by $300/year because we only had one vehicle and were not eligible for the multi-car discount.

Being a semi-logical person, I have a hard time understanding how less traveled miles could equal more money owed. Their idiotic policy, not mine.

I tried to get a glimmer of logic from the other end of the phone. ....I now have new insurance, $350/yr cheaper.
simonsrf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 11:17 AM   #7
Dustytuu
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2975
Don's dad was getting billed for a yearly fee on a credit card after he had passed on. Don told them several times his dad had passed. He finally did as above and when they asked him again where his dad moved, he gave them the cemetery address.
(Took care of his dad before he passed so his mail was coming to our house).
Dustytuu is offline   Reply With Quote