Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Full Timing in your Montana
Click Here to Login

Old 05-01-2007, 09:11 AM   #1
exav8tr
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6333
Homeless

Well, yesterday we handed over the keys to our stick home and instantly became "homeless". We are currently in a short term lease (1 month), apartment and will take possession of our 3400RL on 23 May. We have to make a short trip to CA in mid May and then return to start our new lives. We will try and put 1000 miles and sleep in our rig for 7-10 nights until we actually start the trip down the AlCan highway. I'm going to "drive her hard and put her away wet" as the saying goes.

Hopefully this will be enough to get most of bugs worked out, if there are any, and give our dealer time to repair them before we head out.

Does anyone have any advice for the shakedown cruise? Will try and use all systems as much as possible during this time to work bugs out.

Our plan is to stop at CW in WA to have goodies installed. Everything is too expensive up here and must be ordered and still have to pay shipping. I think we really get ripped off for being up here, hence my stop in WA.

Hope to see some of my fellow MOC'ers soon.

exav8tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 09:37 AM   #2
boylanag
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5965
Best wishes to you on your new life style. We know that you will really enjoy it, especially with your new Montana.
boylanag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 09:42 AM   #3
Wifeofdano
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5664
Congratulations! Know you've been waiting a long time for this. Hope everything is how you dreamed it would be. Enjoy and be safe out there.
Wifeofdano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 10:38 AM   #4
Connorsmom
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6592
Y'all are almost there, just a little longer. And you're sure not homeless, you're just waiting on delivery of your brand new home...:-) Once you hit the road, and start getting into CG's...just try to utilize everything in and on the Monty so you can test it out. Also, climb up on the roof and check the seal tape and seams. When I took the maiden voyage, I tried to use and check out every single little thing on that baby. You definitely want to have a list of "issues" to be done at one time since this is now your home and not just for vacations. Having something repaired now entails a little bit more than just dropping it off. I wish you only the best in this new phase in your lives. Be safe, take your time, and enjoy the ride...:-)

Jan
Connorsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 02:10 AM   #5
rlwhit
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3189
Big step. We will be home about June 4. Only 45 min to CW. (Burlington, Wa.)If I can be of help just shout. Have lots of space to park another Monty. Send me a PM if you plan on coming this way.
rlwhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 02:59 AM   #6
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Phil, my advice is like you said, "drive her hard and put her away wet". Get the bugs out right away. If somethings goona break than break it while under warranty.

Don't it feel GOOOOOOD not tied down to some ole stickhouse!!!! No Property taxes, No school taxes, No Grass cutting, No snow shoveling, No worries about the property while you're on the road. Doesn't get any better than this.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 05:55 AM   #7
simonsrf
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3120
Phil and Cathy,

We'll be in WA (home state) about the time you get there, keep in touch, and if thee is anything we can help with, please let us know.

I've driven the Alcan twice, not with a 5er, but do know...take your time, enjoy...and try NOT to have a schedule.
simonsrf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 08:24 PM   #8
exav8tr
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6333
Robbie, Thanks for the offer, will try and look you up while there. Only hard date is 5 July in Moscow, ID for the LOW conference. Other than that we have no schedule......

Glenn, It does feel good not tohave to ready the yards this year, no more pp taxes, no mortgage, just Monty and insurance. my new motto will be: Living life and loving it!!!!!
Old 05-03-2007, 02:23 PM   #9
rickety
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4855
Phyl and Cathy, Congratulations on sellling. You'll have a ball being "homeless" Phyllis and I have really enjoyed it, just o(edited)ing the days until she retires and we can drift witht he wind
rickety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 03:02 PM   #10
Dave e Victoria
Montana Master

M.O.C. #635
Congratulations on the big move and may you keep moving for a long time.
Dave
Dave e Victoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 05:45 PM   #11
snfexpress
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5140
I'm with Glen - no more worries about the stick home!
snfexpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 09:32 PM   #12
DONnANNIE
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6088
Send a message via AIM to DONnANNIE Send a message via Yahoo to DONnANNIE
Phil, earlier you said that you were coming through Spokane on your way to LOW in Moscow, ID.

It would be great to see you as you come through Spokane, but it would be shorter for you if you take SR26 to Colfax, US195 south and then SR270 to Pullman and onto Moscow, ID. When you are on I90 east from Ellensburg, you come down a long hill to Vantage. At Vantage, you cross the Columbia River. On the eastside of the river, take a right turn onto SR26. It is a good two lane highway.

Otherwise, you can come up to Spokane and then take US195 south or take I90 over to Coeur d'Alene, ID and US95 south to Moscow.

Have a safe trip.

DONnANNIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 02:34 PM   #13
exav8tr
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6333
Don, thanks for the advice, I will check into that. I hope to spend more than a little time in Spokane. We will eventually/probably/maybe, buy again and Spokane is high on our list. We just need to verify in our minds that that is the place. Tell everyone to be on their best behaviour this summer so our decision will be a little easier. LOL. Maybe when we get to Spokane, we could have a mini rally somewhere. I sure would like to meet some of you nice people......

See you this summer.

Phil P.