Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 01-12-2020, 09:53 AM   #21
dieselguy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3085
We have used one for years and years. I made a short stand for it that sits on the floor at the end of the Island sink. That way we don't lose any counter space and can pull the slides in without issue. It does make softer ice but we like it that way. I've never been so busy that I couldn't put a small bag of ice in the fridge freezer to harden it up. All in all for us it makes more ice than we ever need, and it beats buying bags of ice at the package store. We got ours at Target on sale several years ago. When it died, we bought one at Lowes.

dieselguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2020, 12:19 PM   #22
Mosnowman
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #19731
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtlakejim View Post
If you mean "dense" as in hard solid ice, then you may well be running contrary in preference to a lot of us who like ice that is soft, crunchy and edible. To me at least the soft "flake" ice you get at many Sonic drive ins is the best ice on the planet. So much so that I plan to spend $3K on an ice machine that makes it during our sticks and bricks kitchen remodel!!

You are right though that the countertop models are somewhat noisy and do run constantly. But I don't think they use much electricity (not that I care about that).
I too prefer crushed ice. I was simply commenting about the ice that someone referred to earlier as not granite hard. I also mentioned it because this is why the ice melts so fast and then recycles contributing to the noise. We agree that soft flake ice is “the best on the planet”.
Mosnowman is offline   Reply With Quote